• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you cheer yourself up?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Chat to friends and family (if they're not the cause of me feeling down) Music > Funny Anime/tv/film/manga > Cooking.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Talk to my friends or listen to some upbeat songs. Doesn't always help though. NintendoCapriSun videos always make me happy though, omg. I can't keep count with how many times I've commented a video and said "you don't know how much better this has made me feel today" and he actually commented my profile once omg it meant the world to me. ;-;
    Haha, I know exactly what you mean. It's cuz of his new Super Mario RPG video that I even posted this thread, cuz it did the same for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I usually relax by meditation, listening to music, exercise, and sleep, of course. Whenever I'm bored I just open up my laptop and browse the net and chat with some friends, I also write fanfics.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Whenever I'm feeling down, I like being alone. I like entering my world of abstract philosophies. It's just a rush of one thought after another. And my mentality is just shot with questions. When I need to cheer myself up, writing helps a lot. I just like scribbling my thoughts on paper. Music is always there, and anything else in a virtual form.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Listen to music, play games, text people. But sometimes, a really good cry lets it all out.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    There are two main ways I calm down. One is through music. Just turn the iPod on and listen to some Anberlin or Breaking Benjamin, and I'm usually good. =D Another way is by be lying on my bed and thinking insane scenarios in my head. It really works. D=

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Whenever this happens to me; I do a few things, Listen to music, Draw, Play my game, or go on PC/DFRP(Another forum). These usually helps me cheer up. Also being alone and just napping is another thing that I like to do.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I don't do anything. When I get down about something it can stick for up to a month or longer and I just sort of wait it out. Nothing I can do is going to make me feel better about it. :s

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

I like to watch this.. it always makes me laugh even when I'm down.
    I do other stuff too.. like talk to my boyfriend.. and draw or take walks or get something yummy to eat but it's not as interesting as that video. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    When i'm not doin' so hot, I like to flick on some old Beyblade DVDs, get my ipod going, and sit down and think of some awesome fanfics that i'm always too lazy to write~ Passes the time though! :)

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down (8) xDD

Well i guess if i am down i listen to music, talk to my best friends about it. I write my story which always makes me happy. I watch funny animes that make me laugh so much that i hurts. The one that helps cheer me up the most is day dreaming that i am flying (i know it is weird but it does help, to think that you can fly through the clouds and leave all of your worries and troubles behind).

Last edited:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Thinking about how great I am and how much other people suck. :D

Vulpes

Vulpes
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    If I am upset with friends, or I'm just sick or feeling depressed, I usually listen to depressing music OR very energetic music and that cheers me up some how. I also like drawing. :]

Back