• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do you compare Platinum to Emerald, Crystal, Pikachu?

TeaTiMe

Breeder Elite
    Years
    IMO:

This is just a personal thing however I think that Pokemon Yellow was much better than any of the games... by far. That being said the fact that Pokemon Yellow follows the story of the TV show exactly... or for the most part... programming was hard back then kids. It's actually sort of in a league of it's own hence why it was never remade, and probably won't be (By Nintendo that is). So putting Yellow aside Platinum was AMAZING. I mean really compared to D/P it had so many differences. Emerald and Crystal where... well improvements with the ability to catch more legendaries... that's all. Platinum had massive multi and single player changes.
    The bottom line?
    Yellow was cool
    Platinum is bloody brill

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Platinum and Crystal rule them. Platinum is better though. Id never pick old over new.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Platinum>Crystal>Yellow>Emerald.

I love Sinnoh a lot and hate Hoenn a lot. Johto and Kanto are in the middle for me so yeah I just like crystal more cause its crystal.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Crystal>Platinum>Yellow>Emerald
    I thought that Crystal was one of the best games so far as it had something that I cannot describe.(Actually even I don't know what THAT 'SOMETHING' is)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I found Platinum to be favourite but however I hated Diamond/Pearl so much they were so boring and Platinum was completely different and of course like most people Crystal comes next, Emerald was alright but the only good things about it was they added animation, the 3 legendaries were obtainable at lvl 70 and the battle frontier, Yellow was fun but I was always underleveled and it's a bit retarded to get a level 10 squirtle when you need to beat a lvl 28 Raichu.

So my order would be:
    Platinum>Crystal>Emerald>Yellow

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
    While platinum is absolutely amazing,i still prefer Crystal over it,one of the best in the series.Emerald is ok but it lacks a certain something.I never had yellow :/

Back