• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how do you deal with idiots

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    i'm going to laugh at anyone who lies in this thread

i just tell it to them straight and hope that they get angry so i can truly enjoy it

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    As in bullies or "tough guys"? When you have a genuine buzo acting like everyone owes him respect, when clearly he does not, you have to act accordingly. If he gets loud, you get louder. There is no other way around it. I've learned how to deal with many types of people - especially the ones who are still living with a facade to trick others into thinking they're hardasses, or self-proclaimed intellectuals, and one-uppers. They're easy people to read for me which is why I can easily mess with their mind. At the end of the day, they're pissed at themselves because they haven't achieved the social validation that they desire so badly.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • I ignore them. I'm almost never alone with anyone, so I just let the other people around me deal with them while I fight the urge to flip tables at the person's idiocy.

Years
  • The best way to deal with an idiot is to ignore them and make them look like a fool. Most idiots I encounter these days are those on the road, but probably because I'm not quite back in school yet.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I just ignore them. If you remove any form of attention towards them, they will eventually think that their behavior isn't producing intended results and will thus stop being idiots or at least reduce their idiotic behaviors. Same thing goes to bullies.

Years
  • Usually I ignore, but if it happens in a social context I "name and shame". If somebody is taking advantage of bystander's silence to say stupid and abusive things, I'd like to call it out for what it is and give my perspective on why said person is being full of ****. If they try to justify it, it's usually an unapologetically pathetic/antisocial excuse, so it's an opportunity for them to speak on their own behalf. Usually these people don't really respond when people tell them what's what to begin with and whatever the victim or you the bystander says won't be considered, so at least you can make their social environment a better judge of them.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • ignore them or use my intelligence against them, confusing people tends to help them leave you alone.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Smiles, flick them off and calmly walk away. Arguing with idiots just makes you look like an idiot.

Years
  • If I can't just leave (like when I'm at work) and it won't hurt me in some way, I play along, play dumb, and let them take the lead. "Oh, you have special permission to do this? I didn't know that. My apologies. What was the form you used to get that? I should know in case someone else comes in." Usually I can't do this though. Much as I don't care for my job it's better than no job.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    ignore them or use my intelligence against them, confusing people tends to help them leave you alone.

If this doesn't work, use this philosophy, if you can't beat 'em join 'em. It's fun seeing peoples reactions. That's probably what they're doing. (Unless you know them and they really are like that.) Ohterwise don't pay attention. If they take advantage of that walk away. You don't know how many I deal with. (I'm looking at you 7B. 7A will be the better class forever.)

Years
  • Pseudo-intellectuals, windy teen radicals, bullies, and others should be ignored. Rolling the eyes is OK. I don't like to come off as a jackass smartass, so I don't make smart comments, and I don't like when others do it. Those do not do anything but stroke one's own ego. That reminds me of something...

Sirfetch’d

Say something witty and insulting (but not entirely super mean, as to avoid trouble) and then leave it at that. I just refuse to talk to them until I hear something intelligent.

^basically what I do, haha. The best part of saying something witty and insulting is it usually makes them look dumber than that already are ;)

Sir Codin

Are we talking the "geniunely lacking in I.Q" idiots or the "I disagree with this person" idiot?

Back