• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Do You Deal With Teasing?

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    It's quite common everywhere. Teasing. People who tease do it for "fun", but most times, it can be quite hurtful.

Here's what I'd like to know:

Have you ever been teased before?
    My Answer: Yes, a lot, in fact.
    When was the last time you were teased, and by whom?
    My Answer: Two days ago, in my L.A class, by my now Ex-Friend. He was making noises and trying to get my attention.
    How do you deal with teasing?
    My Answer: I didn't even acknowledge his presence, or give him a second glance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    Haha, I have ONE friend who seems to have only one form of humor (teasing). He also doesn't seem to grasp where the line is between "a bit of fun" and "targeting people's greatest insecurities".

How do I deal with it? I make sure to only talk to him around specific people who I know don't appreciate teasing. That way whenever he makes a "fooneh joek" about me it just ends in awkward silence. He usually learns after that.

If it's just him and I, well, I ignore him for the most part.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    While, earlier in my life, yes. Hasn't everyone? Mostly just for weight/looks/attitude etc

Depending what type of teasing; joking teasing or actual teasing?
    Joking, then all the time. It's what friends do! But for actual teasing, I don't know, nearly a year? I'm not very 'out there' and noticeable, lol.

Depending on the person, a sarcastic remark. Or, just ~swagger walk~ away and not care.

oh good memories of my childhood flashing back to me

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Well me and my friends always "tease" each other, but it's all in good fun, and we always know we're joking. To be honest, I've never really dealt with teasing before. I mean, I knew it existed (and I've been the friend that stood up for another friend before), but I've never personally received any. Maybe because I was (still am) that one nice, not socially awkward, girl who could help with class/homework. XD

Years
  • Oh my god are you kidding me? I'm teased often, but that happens a lot at my school. In fact, everyone is teased, builds bonds.

But even if it was someone outside of my school I would take the joke, unless it was offensive. Then it gets personal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I can't remember I was teased when I was in school. But I was teased in my first job when I was still in my first of university by two idiots, so ultimately I got them fired [not for the teasing -_-]. After that, I have been able to cope with any teasing, and sometimes indirectly deal with such situations.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    To me, there's a difference between teasing and making fun of. Teasing is what your friends and family do to you to poke fun at just about anything. Making fun of is what everyone else does in a non-playful way.

Have you ever been teased before? Everyone has. I'm not an exception.
    When was the last time you were teased, and by whom? My dad.
    How do you deal with teasing? I respond with dry humor.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Who hasn't?
    It was either by a friend at my college, or a family member.
    Depends on who is doing the teasing and what they're teasing about. Sometimes I go along with it, while other times I simply ignore it and don't give it a second thought.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I've been teased before, yes. It seems like everyone in our class is teasing me! xD
    But yeah, its not really that serious, I don't take it seriously. I know everyone of us tease each other for fun. ^^;

Years
  • Have you ever been teased before?
    When I was younger, yes.
    My friend :<
    Ignore it.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
    Yeah.
    Wednesday for wearing my Gators Jacket. My friend.
    How do you deal with Teasing?
    Invite them to fight after school, then make them eat the ground. :badsmile:

Ayselipera

Well to start off I consider teasing as joking between friends/family and not meant in a hurtful way.

Yes. I would say 50% of the interactions with my friends consists of us making fun of each other. xD

About twenty minutes ago by my little brother. I made a really stupid looking face by accident. :(

Tease them back or laugh at their own teasing. All teasing has at least a grain of truth to it and I find it funny when people point out the little stupid things I do.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Have you ever been teased before?: A few times, yes
    When was the last time you were teased, and by whom?: I was teased by my cousin before he left a few weeks ago, but I'd rather not say how he teased me.
    How do you deal with teasing?: I just got mad at him.

Banned
    Years
    Yeah especially by my skin color and life standard.

Just yesterday my professor teased me because I forgot to make my homework. Yeah he called me senile. .....>.>

I laugh with people who teases me and sometimes teasing doesn't matter because it's true. Life wouldn't be much happier if there's no teasing between peers and friends.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Um, of course.
    Eh, I'm not around people often so last sunday.
    I either ignoreit or snap and tease them back.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Yup. It use to happen a lot when I was younger and my IRL friends have this habit of giving me new nicknames to tease me.
    This morning, by one of my friends :<
    He said "Oh look it's Shizzle!" then he started laughing and one of my brothers friends did something similar.
    I wind them up. That's how I deal with it.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I had to deal with it all the time in elementary/middle school... but I kind of ditched all of my friends and became a loner in high school and it stopped completely. Funny how that works.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Every day.
    Today, by my friends.
    I tease back. Literally most conversations with irl friends consists of constant teasing.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well of course, everyone has.
    When I was at school this afternoon, by some people I know.
    Fine, I just go along with it usually. Me and my friends usually tease each other, claiming one another to be fat, gay etcetera. It's always fun to be (jokingly) called gay, only to then come on the person who said so.

Back