• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Do You Deal With Teasing?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • Teasing is a fact of life, and it's a myth that it ends with school.

When I get teased, I usually just laugh, regardless of whether I find it funny or not. XD

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I've been teased in school several times already, by my classmates, of course. I never really get affected with it, if they tease me I'll tease them too, I never give up, and never will.:)

Gilgαmesh

I've been teased by a lot of people, I'm not gonna lie here. I can't tell you who specifically, because a lot of people do for stupid reasons. It's sort of frequent, and sort of not, depending on the day and depending on what happens. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I don't necessarily take it well though regardless, and I try to ignore it, although the teasing does somewhat hurt on the inside. ;____;

Altogether I just don't really pay attention to it(or try not to pay attention to it).

ゼクロム

こんにちは!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I've been teased a lot for liking Pokemon and having styled hair.

Last time I've been tasted was 2 days ago by my friend, he said that I should become a gay model.

I deal with this by teasing them back. It usually work. Or sometimes just ignore them because they're just being a hypocrite.

saint paxton

Wat it do baby boo~
    Years
  • Have you ever been teased before?
    Not in a harmful way. If I have been, I didn't take it seriously. Sometimes I think people take it much too seriously & let their insecurities take over. In essence, it's often something you do to yourself.

When was the last time you were teased, and by whom?
    N/A

How do you deal with teasing?
    I've never taken people seriously. I let myself be a freak without being loud, obnoxious, and unpleasant. I make fun of people all the time, but I'm never a jerk about it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I was never teased an awful lot as a kid. And whenever someone would try, I'd either go right along with it like it was a joke or ignore them. It always worked really well. If the teasing turned to bullying, I involved an adult and that was the end of it.

I remember in high school, I think some people tried to tease me for liking Pokémon. By the end of the class, I had a whole group of people nostalgia-ing hard for the original anime series and Red/Blue. :p That was probably the best outcome of teasing.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Yes

Friday, my friend was laughing at me because I mistaken the Biceps Brachii for the Triceps Brachii

I usually laugh it off, then it makes others laugh :]

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    1. Yes, all the time.
    2. Last time I was teased was by my dad today.
    3. I hate it, when I'm teased I try to get the person teasing me to stop.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • 1) Yeah but mainly because I have Asian friends. Usually we say stuff back, well I always do. Other times I just pretend I didn't hear it so they stop for the time being.

2) My older brother

3) It's not that bad compared to what other kids at my school get. It doesn't really bother me tbh but I don't like it when my friends are teased, and thats when I say stuff back XD

~Darkness~

NJ All Day
    Years
    Yes I have
    I think yesterday? Its not really teasing but people bug me about my straight hair, that ISNT straightened lol. And friends, and people i know, someone will bring it up and then everyone just jumps in the conversation. Its a hot topic (; hahaha.
    I really dont care.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    In my group of friends, I'm the one who gets the the brunt of all the teasing. XD It's all in good fun, so normally I'm laughing along with them or making some sort of sarcastic but still good-humoured reply.

I was seriously teased as a kid, though, and I didn't handle it very well at all. I mean, if it were now and I was who I am now back then, I'd handle it much differently. But as a kid, I was very quiet and none too confident so even the smallest bit of teasing (even jokingly) really got to me. :/

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Have you ever been teased before?
    Plenty of times.
    Can't remember. It happens frequently and casually.
    I go along with it and smile, or perhaps entertain them with a jokingly indignant expression. Either way, if it persists past being irritating I will ignore it and walk away, and if it's jab gone too far I'll either parry or make one of my own. People can tease me, yes, but they should expect reciprocation with interest if they take advantage of it too much. =)

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Not that many times~

Quite a long time ago~ When I made a mistake in maths~ I was teased by my classmate~

I dunno~ I barely get teased, so all I do is to giggle and walk away~ :3

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I used to be teased quite often, but people learn to stop what ends up hurting them.
    About two weeks ago, inside the math class, by an idiot at school. He kept calling me to distract me from my sudoku and then pretended not to have done it.
    The first time, I gave him "strike one". The second time, I gave him "strike two", and the third time, I told him he lost. When the bell rang, I beat him up. I haven't done that in like a year, since I try to stay out of trouble, but I take people seriously and demand they do the same to me. It's fun how even after a year without any exercise I had no problem with beating him.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Teasing is fine imo. Even if it's really offensive I would still probably be okay with it, as long as it's just teasing and not actually meaning it.

Have you ever been teased before?
    Who hasn't? :[

Last night at dinner. Dad. That's almost what our relationship is based on. Making fun of things. XDDDDD

Laugh. I don't really mind it at all. Even if someone threw some kind of racist comment at me I probably wouldn't care. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I don't really get teased that often. Smalls school, most everyone is on friendly enough terms, or mature enough not to go around teasing other people. Most people. Even so, I'm not one of those people who would be a prime target, as there really isn't much that people will find bothering me. When they don't get response that they want, they tend to move on and find more livelier prey.

I just hate bullies and people who tease others actually. It isn't when they pick on me, because I couldn't really care less about what they say or do about me. Not only that, but I could defend myself quite aptly, and use my wit to give a better response, should I want to. But what gets me is when they pick on people I care about, or pick on people about things that aren't really their fault. (i.e. autism, a face deformity) That is because their is nothing they can do about.

If I see people getting teased, I tend to step in a little bit. If not right away, I will almost always approach them later. I mean.. it's just wrong. If you don't help you are just as bad as the person do what they are doing. Sometimes it isn't what you say, it is what you don't say. Silence can be just as killer as words can.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Jokingly, all the time. Meanly, most of the time.
    Meanly was when I was wearing "It's Our World Too" animal rights tshirt and a girl made a sarky comment about "that was all animals were good for anyway."
    Ignore it. I rarely retaliate because I get jittery and lose my nerve.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    Of course!

Yesterday? My classmate, Rick.

Teasing is fun actually, but it also hurts people's feelings. If someone teased me I'll tease him/her too, That's how I deal to it, and in the end, he/she is annoyed. XD

Queen of Darkness

Ikuto!!!!
    Years
  • I've gotten teased by the way I talk because I have an accent but they just imitate how my accent sounds like but I know they're just playing around

Back