• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you decide what Pokémon you like?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Design, mostly (and whether they look cool in 3D). Typing can occasionally be a factor (especially the Fire and Dragon types. :D) For legendaries, what they embody/represent can play a role as well. But usually the ones that are my favorites are the ones that look like they can kick some serious butt in a Pokemon battle! :rambo:

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
    Well i always liked the snow and ice and thought that was beautiful so that is why i like Ice Pokemon and other video games helped as well with the Ice and Snow levels.

unique sound

with legendtina :D
    Years
    i dont care about how strong or what type they are. i just know from the first look if i want it or not. i love me some cute and cool looking pokemon :D

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    I pretty much just like Pokemon that look either cool or cute. That's all I can really say.

For example, I usually don't evolve Pikachu, because I like it more than Raichu. That's the only pokemon I don't evolve if I get it though.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Wow, I never really thought about that? The first Pokemon I pick, my starter, I usually pick based off of looks. The cuter starters usually end up having the coolest looking final evolutions. Lol. As for the rest of the Pokemon, I think I go off of looks too? Whichever ones look the strongest I think I tend to catch, EXCEPT for the bird Pokemon. I always catch the first bird Pokemon of the region, no matter how it looks. Yeah, if I can't find out any info. on the Pokemon of the region before I get the game, I go by looks.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    If it's pink I automatically love it. Yes, pink. All of the pink Pokemon are absolutely adorable and even if they're not exactly uber material, they're pink for god's sakes so they win in my book.

*coughcough*

I mean uh... anything that looks cool. Yeah. Cool looking ones. Right. Gotta love the cool looking ones. Hahahahha... ha.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    If it's a male it's better chances to be part of my team...Or so I could say. xD
    But, it depends. For example, I liked Tsutaaja better than the two others for its look, and for Jarooda too.
    I guess I mainly like a pokemon for its look, and the fact they are male, not that I am being a "Poke-sexist", more like : I like when there's blue next to my pokemon name because I adore the blue colour ! C>
    With that said, I don't mind having female pokemon, mind you. xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2010
    Pause having male pokemone only. Manlove is not a very intelligent influence on teammaking if you are to become an elite pokemon trainer. I say, make sure your pokemon have guns. LOTS of guns.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    Well I prefer Pokemon I feel that I would look cool in real life with, if they were real. And I prefer large Pokemon over small ones.

But usually I watch an anime to see how the Pokemon acts and then I like them more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i don't look at stats and abilities, i'm all about design; although i pick my team around types for the sake of diversity and that's about the only strategy i use in the game. but design comes first

tobi-ksla

Years
    My recent favorites, Mismagius and Dragonair, are based on how elegant they look, along with their worth in competitive battling (Standard and NFE Battles, respectively).

Of course, there are some special mentions, like Latios, being the Pokémon that helped me conquer the Emerald Battle Frontier, Jolteon, being my first Eeveelution, and Blastose, being my very first starter, ever.

Yuii

PokéBreeder
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    that's a really good question... o_o

I always go be appearance first! :D but when it comes down to battling I would have to go with the stronger one even if its ugly.

Years
    I dont really choose which pokemon I like the most, the pokemon more chooses me. Over the last 5 or so years it has gone from Blaziken, to Alakazam about 3-4 years ago and now I just love Sazandora, so it looks like I have a new favorite.

Back