• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How do you do the box cloning trick and does it work in crystal?

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    yeah i think it works on crystal and my game never stuffed up when i cloned them

Last edited:

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
    Years
    Well, it's pretty risky, but I know that it works in my Silver version so...

1. Have the Pokemon you want cloned in your team, and access Bill's PC.
    2. Change to a different box (thus causing the game to be saved).
    3. Deposit the Pokemon in that box.
    4. Change to a different box, and when it's saving, right after the word "POWER" in "SAVING GAME DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER" comes up, shut off your Game Boy.
    5. Turn on your Game Boy. You should have the Pokemon in your team, and a clone of it in the box.

Good luck! I dunno if it works with Crystal, though.
    (Oh yeah, and you can multiply items this way also. Just make the Pokemon hold the item.)

Moonlit_Angel

EVIL Queen of Darkness
    Years
    I tried, and it didn't work. But on Gold/Silver it definitely does. Did you know that you could attach an item along with the clonee and clone the item with the Pokemon? It's so nifty! :cheeky:

Back