• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you edit/make Abilities

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    First thing you need to do is add the ability in the PBS/abilities.txt

Code:
    id,MY_ABILITY,MyAbility,"Ability effect description."

And the next thing is really dependent on what your ability does. If it's similar to an existing ability, your best bet
    would be search for that ability in the code and see how it does what it does. For example, if I wanted to make
    an ability that cures status every turn, I'd search for Water Veil because it cures burns. When you search,
    search with Ctrl-Shift-F and type in the internal name of the ability. For example, Water Veil's internal
    name is WATERVEIL.

So after you search for WATERVEIL, you'll see there's something about it in pbAbilityCureCheck. Study that and
    you'll figure out how it works. And now you can add your ability that cures every status, at the end of that
    function like this.

Code:
    if self.status!=0 && isConst?(self.ability,PBAbilities,:MY_ABILITY)
          abilityname=PBAbilities.getName(self.ability)
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} cured its status problem!", pbThis, abilityname))
          self.status=0
    end

I might be able to help you more if I catch time, just tell me what your ability does. But in the meantime,
    try searching for similar abilities in the code and study them. Hope this helps!

Back