• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel about Ash?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I have mixed feelings towards Ash as a character. Sometimes I like his character and other times I really don't like him at all. During the original series of the anime I found Ash somewhat funny, and enjoyed his character but later on he started to get really annoying and less funny. So I started to really not care for his character that much anymore. Although during the Diamond & Pearl series even tho Ash was still somewhat annoying at least he was a bit more better as a character than before. Again there are times where I like his character and other times in which I don't.
    Also I really don't like how Ash promises to return to see the Pokemon he left behind and never ends up returning. Still waiting for the day Ash returns to see his Pidgeot.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Probably one of the few things I hated about Original Series Ash (by that, I mean both Kanto and Johto) was that he never had an actual defined goal. Yeah, he wanted to become the World's Greatest Pokémon Master, but other than beating Gym Leaders and challenging the league, we really didn't have any real indication on how exactly he was to achieve that goal until DP. After all, he beat the Orange Islands league, and yet he didn't become a Pokémon Master. Heck, even Misty's Water Pokémon Master goal was more defined than Ash's goal (at least there, we had a very good idea of the path and more importantly the endgame, while with Ash, we didn't even have a clear endgame for him.), and she's not even the central character, though she definitely was a co-star.

Years
  • Whole anime series is starting to get retarded. Same formula and yet it's still popular which makes me sad that people actually still like it. If only they'd make it shounen and not kids show it would get so much better. The fact that he is still 10 is so stupid, the guys who are making the anime, have they ever heard of a little thing called timeskip?

Pokemon could be so much better, mature and fun. And yet it's still same, just recycling same idea over and over with new pokemons.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • I think he's the same age to generally appeal to a broader audience, Maybe the producers would of thought that by having him Age and adding a lot more emphasis on his progression as a whole would intimidate people who are trying to get into the show, Which personally I think is a stupid Design Choice. It's a simple concept but because it's so apparent in a Popular Franchise it just attracts avoidable attention and overall alienates Pokemon's Older Audience.

I Think Ash should of been a Character that you wanted to be like, that you aimed to rival in skill or possibly even surpass. Instead they decided to make him more of a Baby Step into Pokemon. A Trainer that's looked down upon and mocked. It's Quite Ironic.

Back