• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel about Pokemon clones & hacks?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I'm only ok with the cloning, but i really don't like to clone items, what's the point of have 999 masterballs? or raise the level of one of my pokes to 100 with rare candys? or ev train and have a lot of medicines to do it faster? don't get me wrong i'm still cloning (i do it since GSC) because i want these pokes and don't want to lose, and because someone maybe is looking for these guy, and if i can give to him and keep it too, why not do it? but hey, that's only my point of view =)
    Hackers, AR codes and all the others cheats i really disagree, i actually really don't like battle or trade with someone that play pokemon in a R4, i prefer my cartridges and that the other person have a cartridge too, and i don't like hacked events, shinies, etc, because is donig things the easiest and laziest way.
    However, i still prefer do it all the legit way, because i'm a videogamer of all my life and always enjoy the sensation that i'm the best in the game with my ability, not with hours of search in Internet or gameshark codes...

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Ok honestly, nobody here knows how amazing legit hacks are. I mean, just go over to the forum and take a look for yourself. Shiny Gold, Ruby Destiny, RijonAdventures- they are all amazing. Honestly I can't see why people would dislike those hacks.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Ok honestly, nobody here knows how amazing legit hacks are. I mean, just go over to the forum and take a look for yourself. Shiny Gold, Ruby Destiny, RijonAdventures- they are all amazing. Honestly I can't see why people would dislike those hacks.
    I wasn't referring to those kind of hacks at all. I meant using AR and PokeSav and stuff to make Pokemon with perfect IVs, impossible movesets, etc. ^ ^

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Legit way is great and all, and I respect that, but I have a really short attention span and I get annoyed at having to EV train stuff and grind it, especially in DPPt where things are ridiculously slow.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years

And whose fault is that? Never trade for any legendary on the GTS, thats like rule #1 of pokemoning.

^

Seriously this is why we have stuff like the Trading Subforum and whatnot so you guys don't have to worry about receiving Pokemon that have hacked moves and whatnot.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    Not really too bothered about cloned Pokémon. Hacks with 999 in each stat plus wonderguard are bad, hacks that are done that don't over do it are fine with me.

Detox

For instance some one once Traded me a Mew with Hydro Pump? Wtf...

"I like how you can look at their pokemon before you trade".

Or if it was the GTS well its your fault for using that horrible thing.

really legits hacks are fine. As long as it isnt a lvl 999 caterpie with the move nightcrawler. Cloning is fine too. How else do you think people run a trade shop...

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years

"I like how you can look at their pokemon before you trade".

Or if it was the GTS well its your fault for using that horrible thing.

really legits hacks are fine. As long as it isnt a lvl 999 caterpie with the move nightcrawler. Cloning is fine too. How else do you think people run a trade shop...
    They could trade, instead of cloning and distributing. ^ ^

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I only hacked once. To get the event-only pokemon I missed. But after that I never hacked again.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I think it ruins what Pokémon is suppose to be about. It's awesome when you get a rare Pokémon and you can show it off to your friends, but it'd mean nothing to somebody who could just get it outright with no work. I imagine having just one special Pokémon obtained properly would feel so much better than having a box full of one's earned through cheating.
    I look down on hacks and cheats in any games, because I personally don't see the point in spending you're money on something that you're not even going to be playing properly. It's ok if you're doing it all solo, but in competitive/multiplayer gaming it should be avoided as it can affect the experience for other people. Of course, in Pokémon you could also argue that, due to a lack of events, it can be hard for certain people to ever get hold of certain ones, meaning they could never have a chance at completing the pokedex. In that case would it be right?

Years
    Hacking legit Pokemon so you don't have to breed for IVs is fine by me, but otherwise I'm against it. Don't care about cloning as long as the Pokemon is realistically possible to get in-game.

ShadowSalamence

Fan of the Dragon Pokemon
    Years
    Clones are fine. The data is copied, not recreated like some people think.
    However, I can't stand hacks but I won't mind, if someone uses a code to encounter a rare Pokemon, which is only available in events. What angers me is the fact that some people create Pokemon and trade them to others, saying they're legit.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I don't see anything wrong with cloning. It's useful if you're trading a pokemon to someone and you want to keep a copy of it to yourself or if you want that pokemon in more than one game.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I hate hacking using AR and other techniques like that.
    HOWEVER I love cloning, I think it's a great way to trade Pokémon with other people without actually having to give away the Pokémon you've spent so hard trying to get.
    So I am in favour of cloning using the game and nothing else.
    I don't like anything else >=[

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I used to clone my Pokemon all the time back in the original days of Gold and Silver, but excessive cloning broke my Gold version and made it erase my save file with over 240 Pokemon on it :'( . Since then, I refuse to clone, period, but it doesn't bother me if other people do. If I wasn't so afraid of breaking my game again, I probably would too. :knockedou Cloning is fine because it's just making a copy of a Pokemon you already have, and that Pokemon is entirely legit.

As for hacking, I see no point to it--you aren't achieving anything. You're just proving you either didn't have the patience or didn't have what it takes to do it legitimately. If other people want to hack their game, I don't care, but I don't want to battle anyone with hacked Pokemon or have any kind of hacked Pokemon traded to me. That's why I only use the GTS on rare occasions and only for simple trades. I've gotten about five legit Pokemon that I needed off the GTS just fine: Lanturn, Starmie, Pichu, Exeggcute, and Turtwig. Basically my opinion on it is, do what you want in your game, but don't bring your hacked Pokemon around me.

Last edited:

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Of course, in Pokémon you could also argue that, due to a lack of events, it can be hard for certain people to ever get hold of certain ones, meaning they could never have a chance at completing the pokedex. In that case would it be right?
    Personally, that's the only one I'm on the fence about, but as much as I'd love a Shaymin I wouldn't want a clone. I would, however, trade a cloned legendary back and forth to complete my Pokedex. ;x I wouldn't want to hold onto it, but if no one is willing to trade a non-clone back and forth then there's not much else to be done.

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    Of course, in Pokémon you could also argue that, due to a lack of events, it can be hard for certain people to ever get hold of certain ones, meaning they could never have a chance at completing the pokedex. In that case would it be right?

I think it is. I needed to hack a Deoxys because I was too late for the event.

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I'm not a hacker, and I honestly could care less about what they do.
    I play legit, and train like hell. They ruin the game for themselves, it's fine with me.

This is why I don't trade over WiFi, but rather with friends. :P

Back