• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel about Same-Sex Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    The thing is, people are entitled to hate. We have the right to hate anyone we want and to express that hate through speech.

That's true, you're absolutely right. People are entitled to hate anyone they choose and to talk about it. But just because something is legal, doesn't mean it should be allowed socially.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    That's true, you're absolutely right. People are entitled to hate anyone they choose and to talk about it. But just because something is legal, doesn't mean it should be allowed socially.

If your culture does not want to accept a person that holds hateful beliefs, it is within your right to do so. The government just can't attempt to hush them up.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Even though I respect the decisions of those who choose same-sex marriage, I still feel weird about it because I find it more natural to fall in love with people of the opposite gender.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Even though I respect the decisions of those who choose same-sex marriage, I still feel weird about it because I find it more natural to fall in love with people of the opposite gender.

Homosexuality occurs in over 450 species. Homophobia occurs in one. Which seems unnatural now?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Homosexuality occurs in over 450 species. Homophobia occurs in one. Which seems unnatural now?

Oh snap.

It does make sense though I guess that a straight guy would find heterosexuality more natural. He wasn't saying he was against it. Down boy :P

I do like your quote though, I'm going to use that. And it does bring up an interesting point - homosexuality comes from the baser instincts, just like all sexuality. Religion, which is arguably the number one reason for homophobia, is not natural. It is a learned behaviour. Animals have homosexuality, but they do not have homophobia. They also do not have religion. Something to think about.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    ;-) Fred Phelps is a prophet. I guess without this free speech business, we would never have heard any of his gems.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Same sex marriage is fine with me that is why I am a supporter of The "NOH8" and "Give a Damn" campaigns so why is it wrong, it is like in the "Lady Gaga" song "Born This Way". Thats why I am happy at being a "Bisexual Male".

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Same-sex marriage is not anything I could ever condone for someone I care about...blame it on my heavily Catholic upbringing...but still, it's not my place to stop anyone from doing anything that they really want to do. At least, unlike the abortion debate, same-sex marriage doesn't kill anything. XD

But honestly, I don't see the point of marriage in this day and age where it's been bastardized to the point of being worthless. Consenting people can start a family out of wedlock and profess their love without a wedding without being socially ostracized for it. XD

While I applaud your ability to see past your beliefs and realise that regardless, the government shouldn't have the right to take rights away from anybody, it does seem to me that you are another one in desperate need of a religion-ectomy. I actually don't believe that you love your cousin. It seems that you're spouting the Christian party line of "love someone even though you blatantly hate what makes them who they are, because that makes the bigotry OK".

Sorry, but I just can't let this slide by my hypocrisy meter. The guy agrees that discriminating against gays is morally wrong, but you still tag him as a homophobe merely because he's a Christian? It makes me wonder who's the real bigot in this picture. XD

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It shouldn't under any circumstances at all. It's a perversion of the truth, and homosexuality erodes the morals of the country what's next; bestiality marriages?! It used to be that people would have to hide their homosexuality, but now people want to show it off; it's disgusting.

I hope that's sarcasm I'm sensing.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    No not at all, don't assume. People don't take strong stances on an issue, nothing will get done. People need to face the truth head on.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    It shouldn't under any circumstances at all. It's a perversion of the truth, and homosexuality erodes the morals of the country what's next; bestiality marriages?! It used to be that people would have to hide their homosexuality, but now people want to show it off; it's disgusting.
    xD I remember you when I was here a long time ago.

You know who shouldn't be allowed to marry? Morons, their DNA should die [Although thinking that breeding requires marriage is pretty stupid]. It's the prevention of the truth, and stupidity erodes the common good of the country. What's next; reversing all the civil rights legislation?! It used to be that people who were morons had no voice, but now people want to show it off; it's disgusting.

See how stupid your point sounds? (No I am not calling you stupid. I am calling your beliefs on gay marriage close minded.)

The below post..I love it. Read it.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    Don't like same-sex marriage? Then don't get one and shut up.

Can't, for the life of me, remember where I heard that. But that's my opinion on it. I fully support it, if you love someone of the same sex then go for it. Slightly biased because I have friends in a lesbian marriage, because I have transgendered, gay, bisexual and pansexual friends, because I'm bisexual myself? Maybe.

I just support human rights, to be honest. You're gay? Straight? Bisexual? Pansexual? Asexual? Transexual? Black? White? Aisan? Doesn't bother me. You're a person, you don't choose who you love and what you look like and that's all there is to it. If it's not hurting anyone and it's not hurting you, why should anyone even care?

Another quote relevent to the topic, and something to dwell on if you struggle to accept homosexuality because it's apparently 'unnatural',
    Homosexuality is present in over 450 species. Homophobia is only present in one, ours. Now which one seems unnatural to you?
    (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals, for reference. I'd link something more reliable but it's 5am where I live, may update at a later date.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    It should be a protected right mandated by the federal government. Individual states should not be allowed to prohibit what ought to be a basic human right.

This is true.

Gay marriage should be a a basic human right, and isn't any different than "regular"/heterosexual marriages. It shouldn't affect anyone else because it's between the two people who are in a relationship, and they should be happy with each other because they enjoy being together with each other.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    This is true.

Gay marriage should be a a basic human right, and isn't any different than "regular"/heterosexual marriages. It shouldn't affect anyone else because it's between the two people who are in a relationship, and they should be happy with each other because they enjoy being together with each other.
    Then what's to say polygamy can't occur. Once that theory is embrace, it opens the door to so much more.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    Though the post was deleted I shall throw up my defense to what was (more or less) said.

Something along the lines of, "Over 1000+ species commit murder and we are the only ones who make that illegal, which is unnartural now? If you're going to compare us to animals go all the way"

Allow me to retort. Murder is hurting someone, being gay doesn't hurt anyone. That's the difference.
    In addition, that was to combat the 'Being gay is unnatural' argument. I wasn't aware murder and homosexuality were on the same level there.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Then what's to say polygamy can't occur. Once that theory is embrace, it opens the door to so much more.
    I'm probably not helping, but I see no problem with polygamy if everyone is consenting and treated equally.

Small note: Animals don't usually kill their own. Neither do we. Animals kill other animals, so do we.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Sorry, but I just can't let this slide by my hypocrisy meter. The guy agrees that discriminating against gays is morally wrong, but you still tag him as a homophobe merely because he's a Christian? It makes me wonder who's the real bigot in this picture. XD

I have to agree with this. While there are Christians that take it too far, there are people who are so incredibly blinded by their atheism/agnosticism that they can't recognize the good parts of religion. The part of religion that commands you to love someone even if you don't agree with what they do, and even (especially) if what they do is morally wrong in your eyes (not referring to gay marriage exclusively, this also applies to people that kick puppies and such), is a very good part of it. If Raichu really believes that it's a bad thing to care about others even if they do something you don't agree with, then I truly believe they're blindly striking out against religion without thinking. :/

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Though the post was deleted I shall throw up my defense to what was (more or less) said.

Something along the lines of, "Over 1000+ species commit murder and we are the only ones who make that illegal, which is unnartural now? If you're going to compare us to animals go all the way"

Allow me to retort. Murder is hurting someone, being gay doesn't hurt anyone. That's the difference.
    In addition, that was to combat the 'Being gay is unnatural' argument. I wasn't aware murder and homosexuality were on the same level there.

It's just an example there are lots of things animals do, that humans shalt not do. We hold our selves to a high standard. And I'm not afraid of homosexuality, in any way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back