• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How do you feel about Team Plasma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I never did get an attachment of any sort to Team Plasma. It was kinda like they were just -there- to battle.
    With Team Rocket and the rest of the teams they had a really solid storyline and held it through the whole game.
    Team Plasma didn't have that feel for me as much. My mind might change in the english version, but I highly doubt it.

Their plan just isn't as.. powerful to me..

Well it's kind of hard to surpass remaking the Universe...or reshaping the world...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Team Plasma was okay. At least they were giving in an attempt, and was cool while carrying it out. Team Rocket was lame in most of their appearances in my opinion.

Team Galactic will probably always be at the top, because Cyrus was a hypnotic leader, a genius, and rich to begin with.
    The only thing about about him is that he's a dark, confused soul who didn't really know what he was going to do, a.k.a. psycho.
    But the charisma he had, and how everybody did what he said without question, and how he was a pinch away from achieving his goal of becoming God was the most awesome win ever in terms of evil teams.

That said, even if I think Team Plasma is decent, I think N is very awesome if not held together with Team Plasma. The trio, the two ladies, and N - all of them are beings out of this world, and for some reason, Geechisu doesn't feel like that at all.
    Moreover, their theme, and specially N's theme is very awesome and dark sounding.

Spoiler:

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    well....by the sound of plasma they seem okay,but TR will always be the favorite team in this girl,Idk why but I always had trouble not laughing when they acnolaged they were on tv....Ik lame right?
    I think if I had a choice,they would bring team rocket back,I hope in the B&w tv show they keep team rocket like they usuly do,cause if they didn't I would personly go there and beat the tv writers to death.
    Go TR!But yha team plasma seems okay.

Years
    It's kinda strange, as they are like Medieval knights and all that with the costumes and the quest to do blah blah blah (To seek the Grail). And so far as I've gotten they seem to be trying to force their belief of getting rid of trainers and releasing Pokemon while at the same time disregarding all they say and having caught Pokemon themselves, althewhile abusing Pokemon too (Munna). I know Unova is supposed to be based off of America and such, but really? Reflecting our sense of "Durr if you don't believe what I believe you're my enemy!" (Or the sense of Medieval crusaderdom) in a kids game seems a bit... much?

But thats probably me being too over analytical. They seem about as wacky as Rocket and Galactic combined. But like such they are only more cannon fodder for my exp gauges. :3

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    I never really understood what plasma wanted to do.(AND why they called themselves Team Plasma)

Team Rocket wanted to steal pokemon and use them for no good and sometimes killed the useless ones. Very simple and suitable for the first two games (The name rocket maybe meant they were blasting out of the law or somthing?)

Team Aqua and Magma wanted to expand the sea and land for some reason. Nice and understandable for the 3rd gen. :/

Team galactic had an interesting one. They wanted to create there own world.

Team Plasma wanted to seperate ppl and their pokeymanz? Why? They need pokemon?

Why the name plasma??
    I'll have to find out in 2011

But i like the way it hasn't anything to do with fire or elecricity, just two pocket monsters.:)

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    I did like how they were more involved in the plot than the other teams, and it was especially great that they were involved in the end of the story. I also liked both N and Geechisu as characters.

On the other hand, I didn't really care too much for their motives, and the grunts were especially bad design-wise. The biggest flaw as far as I'm concerned were the rest of the sages, and their extremely minor roles in the plot. It would've been much better if you had battled them throughout the story, and if they were a bit more involved in the plot itself. Hunting them down post-game and then having Looker arrest them just doesn't cut it for me, and felt a little anti-climatic.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I wish their plot was a bit more complicated than that. You can always introduce a shocking twist in the end :)

Although there already is one: (Spoilers!)
    Spoiler:

The storyline could include some more of Prof. Araragi, and maybe why they wanted to steal that dragon's fossil from the Shippou Museum.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    The storyline could include some more of Prof. Araragi, and maybe why they wanted to steal that dragon's fossil from the Shippou Museum.

Spoiler:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I like Team Plasma...because they have cool music and provide me with easy experience points.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    plasma is much better than galactic, what was there story

NatureKeeper

I never really understood what plasma wanted to do.(AND why they called themselves Team Plasma)

Team Rocket wanted to steal pokemon and use them for no good and sometimes killed the useless ones. Very simple and suitable for the first two games (The name rocket maybe meant they were blasting out of the law or somthing?)

Team Aqua and Magma wanted to expand the sea and land for some reason. Nice and understandable for the 3rd gen. :/

Team galactic had an interesting one. They wanted to create there own world.

Team Plasma wanted to seperate ppl and their pokeymanz? Why? They need pokemon?

Why the name plasma??
    I'll have to find out in 2011

But i like the way it hasn't anything to do with fire or elecricity, just two pocket monsters.:)

Plasma is when fire and lightning combine...

And they wanted to separate humans and Pokémon because, well, they believe we should be equal like, animal rights activists? They use Pokémon because they need them to achieve these goals. So believes N. Geechisu is however working behind the scenes, he meant N to do everything releasing, and then he gets to keep his own Pokémon and rule Unova.

Somehow, they reawakened Reshiram (W) and Zekrom (B) and N was going to use it to separate it to two worlds, and you summon the other one to keep balance. Explained enough?

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I love what they wear, and I think their ideas are noble.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    After knowing the story behind them I find the truly pointless and dumb. They dont match the franchise if you ask me. Irrelevant. Team Rocket remains the best.

Years
    After knowing the story behind them I find the truly pointless and dumb. They dont match the franchise if you ask me. Irrelevant. Team Rocket remains the best.
    Really? i thought they matched the franchise as Pokemon is all about bonds between humans and Pokemon and by beating team Plasma you show off that theme seen thoughout the franchise...
    I still wonder though how N was going to use the legends to make his dream come true, the only thing I can think up is that he was going to force everyone in Isshu (and maybe the whole Pokemon world) to release their Pokemon into the wild using the fused legendary...so Yeah I wish they cleared that part up...

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    hmm i havnt really got much feeling about the change. they are all team rocket to me : D haha

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Plasma would be my #2 favorite (Next to Rocket) if they weren't full of crap. I mean, -SPOILERS-
    If they truly wanted to save pokemon from the abuse of humans, that would be great, but just like with Cyrus, it was a cover-up, or at least that's what is implied. The difference between them and Galactic, however, is that the members of Galactic truly believed they were going to save pokemon and make a much better world, despite the fact that Cyrus was just using them to take over the world. Team Galactic as well has Cyrus' was of thinking are much more complex than that of Plasma, HOWEVER, N's struggle with what is right and what is wrong, as well as the game asking the player if catching pokemon is OK or not is probably the deepest story aspect we will ever see in a pokemon game. So if we can consider all of Plasma as N, then Team Plasma is definitely my second favorite team.

Years
    I love their symbol as well, it's the third best evil sign after Aqua and Magma's sign, I like that Z and P and how it appears when you battle the Plasma members (saw this in youtube and was all wow it's pretty cool how it goes all zap like lightning), I also love Geechisu's theme song reminds me of Arceus' :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back