• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How do you feel about the amount of vending machines? [ #30 ]

Too many vending machines?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    They're there. That's my thought on them. It's nice to know that if in a tight spot, one can buy a few good healing items for a good price. For me, the vending machines were just decorations that I ignored because I didn't have much need for them.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I've been finding them pretty convenient. It's much cheaper than buying potions, and when they're frequently seen it's a nice reminder to stock up - or if I have a Pokémon that needs some HP restored and I don't have enough items to go around, I can just pop a drink from a machine and be on my way.

Years
    I didn't even notice until you brought it up. There is an excessively large amount of vending machines compared to the older games. I don't mind, but I do agree with the fact that there should be a wide variety of items you can pick from, rather than the little selection that we've always had. That's why I consider them almost useless. It is easy to just buy from a mart or heal by going to a center.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    There are quite a few, but it doesn't bug me. I don't ever use them, but I assume someone does and they can become helpful on routes if you are in need of HP but don't want to fly or travel back to a city and have to attack the route again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    I "hate" thoose vendingmachines because they are much cheaper as normal potions, so i always bought my "potions" on the vendingmachines. Took me some time to buy 99 of each drink because you have to buy them one by one (well i never used all of them, but i couldn't just pay 700$ for a super potion while the vendingmachine sells better items for even less $).

Well... maybe they should insert 10-bottle-packages Q_Q

PS: The vendingmachines (e.g. the ones which are located on some routes) remind me to digimon... there are beautiful beaches where suddenly a vendingmachine appeared... xD''

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I pretty much just ignore them. They kinda add to the feel, especially the ones in Castelia and right outside the mall on Route 9...but other than that, I don't even notice.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I love em they were very useful and cheap in the start and not to mention if you head into your buddies game you can buy stuff from em unlike any other store in the game.

FreakDude

Unknown Destiny Awaits
    Years
    i dont mind em. i didn't even notice them because i was so busy with the main storyline.xD=))

Last edited:

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    To be honest, I didn't really mind. It really helped me in the beginning stages of the game when I couldn't afford stuff. I always kept buying 50 Lemonades and stuff. Now I use Full Restores and Max Potions though.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I accidentally clicked there were too many in the poll XD Oops.

I think it was pretty cool tbh. It gave it a more civilized and city feel which I like, and I actually use them now because of how common they are to come across now n_n

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I never really use vending machines that much.
    I don't the need for so much of them.

Solfatara

Forest Dweller
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    With Black and White, I believe Game Freak has done a lot to give a different feel to the games; their inspirational source is completely different from the past games, and there are many factors in the game that contribute to this.
    I believe the vending machines are in a large extent such a contributing factor, playing on existing aspects of the western world, and I think they add much to the overall experience of Unova.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kay time to state my thoughts!

I think there's waaaayyy too many. Sure one in a few places would be fine, but two in a route? Yeah no out of place. :( I didn't even use them lol :x

Kea

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Personally I loooove all the easy healing items. I don't think they really mess with the difficulty of the game, they just make it more convenient to play. Instead of running to a Pokemon Center to buy new items or heal, you can just use a vending machine (or a doctor).

I don't really mind it when they're next to each other. In real life don't you often see multiple vending machines next to each other? It's just... normal.

Back