• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How do you feel about the game being annouced so early in the United States?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
  • i think its a good thing because, for the first time, we will be updating with japan on the games and also hear about things that us-exclusive, and wont have to worry about translating every image that comes out. what are your thoughts?

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    Ah, so they did announce it to the U.S.!

I honestly was confused & thought maybe it was like an english translated page or something because I really didn't believe the game would be known already now. XD I guess it's pretty cool they announced it but the thing is, did they announce the english names? Or maybe they are sticking with the japanese names? I also didn't see the starters, Zoroark, or Zorua at all so I don't think they've been revealed to U.S. yet.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I thought it was strange, but it could also be because the games are going to actually take place in an America-like region (speculation). I'm happy though, and I like their names so I'm glad they've kept Reshiram, Zekrom, and Zoroark the same.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    i like that north americans arent going to be behind on information.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I feel quite odd.
    Mostly because I think we won't be getting any updates until September when the Japanese get the games. I think that Nintendo simply wanted to announce them.
    But it's quite sad tho' .

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
  • yeah any1 has any trustable site that i can get them directly from japan i use(the link is on bottom of my page)and i want them from japan itself

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • Its also been announced in the UK I think its good that were upto date with japan because when I buy the nintendo magazine they were on about HG/SS and I already knew about it for like 3/4 months so it is very good

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well it wasn't too suprising since they did acuarly release a trailer for HG/SS in the US in like... may or june.. it was the one with the 3D beasts and ho-oh and lugia at the begining...
    Though I didn't see the point in announcing it when I don't even think theyve started translating the game yet... its not even out in japan yet... I bet game freak is still working on the game at this very moment!
    Its also been announced in the UK I think its good that were upto date with japan because when I buy the nintendo magazine they were on about HG/SS and I already knew about it for like 3/4 months so it is very good
    Well if you read it off ONM then it really isn't announced since they are not really even offical... just like a fan mag... they are not really nintendo... They probably said a ETA of the release date... :\

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Well if you read it off ONM then it really isn't announced since they are not really even offical... just like a fan mag... they are not really nintendo... They probably said a ETA of the release date... :\

Mm, but ONM are a pretty dedicated fan mag. I tend to get all of my Nintendo-related news for the UK from their website, because it's pretty much constantly updated whenever the tiniest snippet of information comes under their radar. They also have contacts all over the gaming industry, most of them at Nintendo itself. The only time I remember them being behind was when Black/White itself was announced, and that was probably because they were checking their sources.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • To the people saying that America will be updated like Japan is!
    What are you talking about, Pokemon.com hasnt told anything about, Zorua, The starters, The new moves & abilitys, The picture & Videos, The main characters

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Ah, so they did announce it to the U.S.!

I honestly was confused & thought maybe it was like an english translated page or something because I really didn't believe the game would be known already now. XD I guess it's pretty cool they announced it but the thing is, did they announce the english names? Or maybe they are sticking with the japanese names? I also didn't see the starters, Zoroark, or Zorua at all so I don't think they've been revealed to U.S. yet.
    go to youtube.com and check out my friend jubilifetv, he updates about everything major that japan gives out. and also they were announced go to the pokemon.com

There'd be a problem with it being so early? One, you know they're out, and two, you know their names. Oh, and you get to learn about the legendary Pokémon as a bonus! Aren't you lucky? Maybe you get to wait for several months before you actually get anything concrete though.

The only real problems I see are people's impatience, and the fact that announcing a timeframe might be problematic if a giant bug pops up near the start of the RTM.
    yeah people are impatient about a simple beta for a hack, but like you i see that as the only problem. but the games are coming earlier then i thought, spring 2011 for the US. and co500 said they announced it for the UK also. i wonder if there planning a whole event for the three countries, that would be interesting

I thought it was strange, but it could also be because the games are going to actually take place in an America-like region (speculation). I'm happy though, and I like their names so I'm glad they've kept Reshiram, Zekrom, and Zoroark the same.
    yeah i was happy about that also, maybe pokemon is finally listening to peoples request lol

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Maybe there is some special event planned for the US release alongside the EU and earlier Japan release, so this could be why they annoucned it. Though I think they announced the games early here in America because:

1) It's good early marketing
    2) You know how people on the web were all buzzing 'oh they might change the names?!' well the announcements sort of blowed that theory out of the water.
    3) To inform people that the names for the legendaries would be staying the same in the English version.

Years
  • Hmmm....they're doing it too fast.

I mean, D/P was 2 years after Emerald, and they still made them rubbish compared to Hg/Ss, which are also on DS, didn't they?

This is going to be horrendous. Hopefully the R/S remakes will be brilliant like the G/S remakes are.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • Not bad, Diamond was 07' so it's been 3 years and I want MOAR. Also the time until it comes out next year gives time for the word to get out about the game...meaning more sales...meaning more Pokemanz. So if you can't see, I'm okay with it.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Hmmm....they're doing it too fast.

I mean, D/P was 2 years after Emerald, and they still made them rubbish compared to Hg/Ss, which are also on DS, didn't they?

This is going to be horrendous. Hopefully the R/S remakes will be brilliant like the G/S remakes are.
    well, there arent going to be R/S remakes, but there is going to be a emerald remake, but back on topic, i disagree that the games are going to be horrendous, HG/SS could not have taken long to make at all, i mean think about it like this, take away the following me script and all you have is minor changes and a few events, but its still a great game. but it seems like they have been working on B/W for a while, as a 'main project'

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hmmm....they're doing it too fast.

Too fast? You are aware that these games have been in development for years right? And it's obvious that the games are very different from previous gens, so I don't think they're going to be horrendous.

The only reason HG/SS is better than D/P imo (well not imo because D/P are better than HG/SS imo but I guess in your opinion) is b/c unlike D/P they weren't the first games in gen 4. Usually the first aren't as good as the newer ones that come out later on due to the first always having some flaws that get fixed later on.

D/P were two years after Emerald, yeah, but R/S were two years after Crystal, G&S two years after Yellow..it's how the pattern goes.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • I guess it's a good thing. But we have WAYY too much time until the game actually comes out and i'm slowly dying from waiting.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Kinda makes me mad.
    Just cause I'd rather read updates in CoroCoro or watch them on Pokemon Sunday.
    But some kids like it in English I guess...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think they don't want to leave completely in the dark anymore, and just so we know that something is coming. I doubt we will get all the details while Japan is... just a heads up.

Back