• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you get to sleep at night?

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    I can't fall asleep unless I'm hugging something. D: So, I'm pretty much clinging to a teddy bear or a pillow all night. Other than that, I can just close my eyes and wait to fall asleep. Simple as that.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    ..I don't o_O

Even right now it's like 12:30, and I have school tomorrow..Usually I just keep myself up as long as I possibly can, until I pass out from exhaustion ._.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    I just close my eyes and wait until I fall asleep.

If that fails, I do something to tire me out, like pushups for example.

Or if that fails, I listen to some br00tal death metal. xD

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I usually stay up til about 2 or 3amposting here and using Photoshop then I just roll over and fall asleep. however, if it's after 3 and I have to work the next morning I just force myself to pull an all nighter. then just crash after work. (:sigh: it tough being a Night Owl and have a job that occasionally makes you come in early in the morning)

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Make sure it's cold enough, wrap myself up in a blanket, put on my mp3 player, lie on my stomach and listen to music until I fall asleep. Usually after writing a little.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I usaully go to bed at 10 on school nights and as always, I have to sleep with my Inuyasha plushie, Yuki Plushie, Rukia Plushie, Sesshomaru plushie and my Flygon plushie and lately I've been falling asleep to volume two of TMoHS. XD

Galla

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    Well, I usually try to get to sleep by, uhm... like midnight! I flatly REFUSE to do reading for college after that as it is pointless. The lines become a blur and heh, you don't learn anything.

But my roomates who I share an apartment w/(thank heavens I have a single room though or I'd go bananas) and they decided to burn some incense last night and well... the smell wasn't the greatest so it kept me up all night. :P Had to wake up at 6:30 thanks to a maths class too. Meh!

Usually I fall asleep with 20 minutes or so... I just cuddle up w/my giant Pikachu pillow. Helps loads when I'm homesick and need a hug. Just hug the Pika! :)

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I either just instantly fall asleep if I've stayed up really late or lie on my bed for what sometimes stretches to hours thinking about life, going through the happenings of the day in my mind or daydreaming. (Don't ask me about the logic of daydreaming at night. :x) If that doesn't help, I just play my DS until I can barely keep my eyes open.

I love sleeping and yet, I always have trouble falling asleep. Just a few weeks ago I fell asleep five hours after going to sleep. I was tired for a week after that. :x

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    i secretly play my games at night or listen to music or watch tv until i hear my mom and dad then i turn it off and pretend im asleep only ever been caught 4 times lol lets hope i dont ever again

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I usually watch TV or play games until I get tired, or I just go to sleep (very rarely). I also tend to listen to my iPod until I get tired. To help me get to sleep I usually think about stuff, pretty much a lot of random things, I find that whatever I think about before I go to sleep always comes up in my dreams. XD

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I drink some water and I read a book, eventually my eyes start to hurt and then I go to sleep.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I just watch TV for a while or use the computer till I start to feel tired (which is by the time I start making a lot of mistakes on the PC), and... well, that's it. I go to sleep, it's pretty automatic after that.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I don't sleep normally. I spend all night on irc then sleep for 2-4 hours after getting tired from being on irc all night. (you would be to)

pink-tiger

Love in the Air
    Years
    I have a radio and listen to music,but since for Crhistmas I got an Ipod I listen to my ipod till I get sleepy.I must listen to music to sleep. ^_^

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Hrmm....
    Usually once my mom falls asleep and I know she can't hear the TV,
    I turn it on and watch about an hour of TV.
    I usually can't go to sleep for at least 2 hours after I lay down.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    this has become a pretty popular thread!
    btw i dont drink stuff to got to sleep, now, i have recently been putting acoustic songs or quiet songs on and falling to sleep.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hah, I turn out the lights in my room to fall asleep faster! Creepy... but helps.
    Normally, I sleep with a small lamp turned on............ ^^ mwehehe.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    I just lie down and wait. XD. Usually takes me around half and hour to fall asleep. Don't need any help as such.

Back