• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile How do you grind for XP?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    I'm currently Level 47, and 4.1 million XP away from Level 48. What are your current grinding strategies?

I do have some strategies I do that works, but I'm asking just in case I'm missing something that I can add to my game. Here are my strategies:

Hitting Excellent Throws

Hitting Excellent Throws when caught gives you a base 1,000 XP. This means when Catch Bonus are activated during the event, let's say 3x, when you also put on a Lucky Egg, you'll get 6,000 XP per Excellent throw. This means you can hit up to 600,000 XP per 100 excellent Throw catches, which is achievable in a 3 to 4 hours of incense and you hit Excellent throws 50% of the time.

Reaching Ultra/Best Friends

This is by far the best way to earn XP. Reaching Ultra Friends will yield you 50,000 XP while reaching Best Friends will yield you 200,000 XP. This means if you collect 30 friends, and all of them reach Ultra Friends, with Lucky Egg, you'll get 3 million XP easily. If you reach Best Friends, with Lucky Egg you'll get 6 million XP.

This method requires tons of work, since you need to frequently send/open gifts every day. It takes 30 days to reach Ultra Friends then an additional 60 days to reach Best Friends.

Raiding

Raiding for XP is expensive but rewarding. Beating a 5 Star Raid earns you 10,000 XP. Depending on the bulk of the raid boss, the amount of players, and the difficulty of catching the Raid Boss (if you do plan on catching it), a raid can go for 10-20 mins. With Lucky Egg, you can earn 60,000 XP per hour at least, or as high as 120,000 XP if you raid fast enough.

Evolve Pokémon

Evolving Pokémon was a form of grinding the early days of the game. Since Evolution yields 1000 XP. You can get up to at least 60,000 XP if you evolve non-stop for 30 mins with a Lucky Egg. While this is not popular anymore, since there are more methods that are more practical, and honestly more fun, Evolution for XP has taken a backseat.

It's still effective if you are deseperate for XP and have tons of Pokemon you can evolve. Make sure to save/evolve around 120 Pokemon per hour to get the best results.

The best candidate for evolving Pokemon are Pokemon that only need few candies to evolve, like Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie Weedle, Wurmple, Sentret, etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Other than raiding here and there I tend to do a lot of catch a bunch of Pokemon for candies and then every now and then do mass evolutions.

Years
  • I'm quite lazy usually, hence why I only hit lv. 40 recently (on Gible day!). My main source of experience is just letting the GO+ catch things and slowly building it up that way lol. And excellent throws when I actually put the effort into it!

Years
  • I'm quite lazy usually, hence why I only hit lv. 40 recently (on Gible day!). My main source of experience is just letting the GO+ catch things and slowly building it up that way lol. And excellent throws when I actually put the effort into it!

Had to work through all of Gible day ☹️, what is Go+? I am only level... 34, I think? And at the rate I play, hitting 40 seems like a pipe dream

Years
  • I used to mass evolve back when things like pidgey and whismer were super common spawns. I'd get about 50-70 of them and pop a lucky egg and get to evolving. Now all the common spawns are 25 candy to evolve, so I just pop a lucky egg when I go into a 5* raid and do some evolving afterwards.
    I don't communicate enough with my go friends to organise an ultra/best friend, and I'm not consistent enough with exelent throws to rely on them to get EXP lol

what is Go+?
    Go+ is the physical pokeball tab thing that you can connect to your phone which will vibrate and light up when a pokemon/pokestop is nearby, and pressing the button will throw a ball or spin the stop.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I don't grind xp really because I don't care much for it. But currently I'm about to hit 100 million. I rarely use lucky eggs. Typically I'll use a lucky egg for best friend. I also try to hit excellents. I don't mass evolve at all though.

Back