• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music How do you like your music volume?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I've been meeting to post this, but I kept getting sidetracked and forgetting!

Anyway, how do you like your music volume? How do you feel about people with super loud music (IE in cars)?

I like mine to be somewhat loud. It also depends if I'm in the car or not too. I try not to have it too loud to risk blowing out my ear drums. As for others, I HATE HATE HATE when people have their music loud in cars omfg. It vibrates cars!!! Like, are people really that fricken deaf that they have to shake people's cars?! It drives me nuts because I'm also able to hear the vibrations in my head... and it's so annoying. ;____;

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • depends on the situation, but usually I'll like it on the louder side. however if I'm doing some reading or if I'm with friends and we're just hanging out I'll keep it down to a hum (or a little above a hum). however if I'm in the car by myself or home alone that shit's getting cranked.

pkmin3033

I have my laptop speakers set to 50% and adjust the volume of everything else accordingly...I like it loud enough to drown out the background noise, but not so loud that I shatter my eardrums. Unless I need to keep an ear out for the phone or the door, I have my earphones in when I'm home alone as well; it's just more comfortable, and my laptop can't really put out enough sound to satisfy me with the earphones out.

I don't really care how loud people have their music as long as I can drown it out with my own; it's only so much background noise.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    In my case, if I listen mp3 player and maximum volume is 10, I choose "6"

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    As loud as it goes. I usually listen on headphones or in the car. I know it's not good for the ears but I can't help it. That energy it gives you when it's that loud is just an incredible feeling.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I like my music volume loud, I love it draining out everything in the background so I can just relax and listen to the music ~ ? As for people with really loud music in cars, so long as I can have my own play in the background and it drowns it out, or so long as they're not continually near me (like not in a parking lot with me or not behind me on the highway) I don't care. :pink_wink:

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • Not really loud. I prefer a nice medium level. If I have the windows down in the car, I of course turn it up but I'm not one to blast it. Besides, my hearing already sucks so I don't want to make it worse.

Bay

Years
  • When at home, I tend to like to listen somewhat loud too. In car I prefer medium so I don't miss important sounds from the road, but yeah I don't like it if from someone else's car it's extremely loud. If I'm away I use my headphones and I tend to put it more on the medium side.

Years
  • Loud, REALLY loud, if I can get away with it (headphones on, and preferably by myself since otherwise I know I'll get comments about it). I really like music blasting in my ears.

Otherwise, usually medium to medium-loud or so. Enough that I can listen to the music without many distractions, but not so loud that it's bothering others at all.

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
    Years
  • Mine is always much too loud because of my hearing problems, haha. People always tell me they can hear what I'm listening to over Skype or in real life, which can be... a problem. Haha.

Ear issues aside, I really like the sensory input of sound waves against my eardrums. Funny enough, that's not WHY I have those problems, but friends and adults always scold me for the volume. My mom used to put volume locks on MP3 players we had around the house when I was a kid. Nowadays, I pick my headphones specifically to cancel noise not only to hear my stuff loud and clear, but also to keep the content from people around me. Useful for when I put something like NIN on. Or worse.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    my hearing is permanently damaged ( not related to music volume ) so i have pretty much no choice but to listen to it at an extremely high volume. :~( when i could hear better i used to have it set to medium range.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    I like to listen to it loud when I am in my bedroom and using my speakers. They aren't that loud anyway, but my Mom thinks it is cuz she is always screaming to turn it down. With her screaming it is just adding to the loudness. So be quiet Mom and enjoy the music. When I have my headphones I still listen to it loud but not blarring.

Back