• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you make banners on paint?

Jolty-kun

Years
  • squirtlefan527 said:
    Can someone tech me how to make banners on paint?Also I have no clu if this is in the right forum.

Nope, i think this would go in the art gallery section, but you should check tutorials ^^;, and hopefully theyll have the answers there, this will probably be closed anyway XD

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Since you're wanting banner help, i'll put this in graphics :3
    I'm not sure if you'll really be able to receive much advise with regards to paint, though ^^;
    *moves*

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • squirtlefan527 said:
    Can someone tech me how to make banners on paint?Also I have no clu if this is in the right forum.
    The best advise you can probably get regarding MS Paint would be to simply continue to practice using it.

Last edited:

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
  • Some basic tips on usage of paint:

1) Don't use paint by itself. You should use it in conjunction with software like Microsoft Word. You know, you can get very basic "3-D rendering" in Microsoft word. Also, in paint, it is very difficult to get patterns, transparency, etc. All these can be done by overlapping layers in Microsoft word with the "fill options" function.

*poketh*

This was done with Microsoft Word and paint.

2) If you still want to use paint by itself, keep note of cutting. The best way to cut is to slowly do it pixel by pixel, but if the background is one colour, then you can select a paste option to remove it. I think, you probably already know this.
    But, you must keep in mind- the software is stupid. It can't tell which is inside and which is outside. So, you have to be careful when pasting.

3) Always open up more than one window, and keep a back-up of everything you use. In paint, it is very easy to accidently make a mistake on your image and realise you cannot go back.

4) Yes, you can use something like layer mask. Open up two windows, and do what you want on the top layer on one window. Then, whatever you need to cut out, fill that part in with, let's say, black.
    Then, paste it over to another window, and make sure that black is set as transparent. The areas which you filled in black previously will now disappear and you can see something else beneath it.

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
  • Sorry, it was "fill effects". Gomen~

Anyway, if you're not sure where that is, open microsoft word, make a square or any random thing you want.

Right click the square. A small menu should drop down, right? Click on Format Autoshape. Most of the stuff you need are under "Colors and Lines". Just fool around with it ^^

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • LOL, thanks for that!

reading that made me curious and with some simple changes, i turned this......

into this...

quite the difference hey!
    thanks again, but I have a question, which part of word can make a pic look as if faded into the background? that is whjat I have real problems with

Back