• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How do you make money?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, after you beat the Elite Four, and return to the title screen an load your game, you can fight the Elite Four again and again.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    Pay Day is a TM in RBY, you can teach it to one of you pokemon and just fight wild pokemon.

Years
    I fought the elite four over, and over, and over, and over again. And then I traded all my Pokemon from Blue to Red, restarted Blue, traded them back and went through the game again.

Those were the only two games I had up until I was in grade 5, so I played them a lot.

Myuuuuuuuuuuuu

Not Mew! Simply MY and 12x U
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    For making Money I beat the Ellite Four.
    And I have an Item I think which was
    called Coin Amulett. (or a kind of)
    If you use the Pokemon that holds it
    you get 100 Percent more money
    at the end of a battle.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    In the earlier stages of the game I like to sell certain items you find out and about, such as Great Balls (Which I never use), HP Ups & Vitamins (Again, never use them really and you can sell them for a fair bit of money), Rare Candies (Same again, never use and you can sell them for a decent price) and also TMs i'll never use like Bide, Water Gun etc.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I do it like I do in every game: beat the Elite 4 10 times a day, and sell every item I find.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    I though Missingno was a pokemon cheat not a money cheat. But anyway, you can keep fightinng the elite 4 or get some nuggets and sell them, of course.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I think the missingo cheat is for pokemon but im pretty sure you could use it to get unlimited rare candys or masterballs then sell them for a lot of money.

And, of course, Nuggets.

But why do that when you can just get infinite healing/battle/etc items with the cheat anyways?

Years
    The Elite Four was the easiest way to do it in the RBY days.Or, you could do the old Cinnabar Island hack. Until GSC came along we had no Amulet Coin.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    ...I guess I was mistaking Yellow for the Firered gens or whatever. I thought maybe you could get them and I wasn't that far in the game yet. But the E4 is probably the best way to go if you want to make a quick thousand bucks or two.

Back