• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you organize your cards?

How do you organize your cards?

• Total voters
    Years
    Like the title says, How do you organize your cards?

Most people I know seem not to care much, organizing most of the time by Type. I did this myself when I started collecting in the late 90's. Others, like myself, organize their cards by number.

So, let the community know what you do. Maybe some good idea's haven't been used much.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2009
    Well hopefully some of you nice people will help me determine what is rare and sell able and what isn't, so thats how I'll organize mine.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Umm... in the order I get them. Except my book capable of holding up to 100 cards, where I keep my cooloer holo rares organized by type & HP.

Years
    First by type, then by set, then alphabetically. Yeah that's pretty much how I organize everything.

Wow, I feel dumb now saying that organizing by Type is "not caring".:nervous:

I like your way actually. Doesn't it get a little confusing sometimes though? Wouldn't you have to move around your entire binder every time you got a new card to fit it in?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    Expansion>Number at the bottom right

So in my 9 pocket pages in my binder it goes 1/80 then 2/80 then 3/80 etc.

I thought everyone did it like that?

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Wow, I feel dumb now saying that organizing by Type is "not caring".:nervous:

I like your way actually. Doesn't it get a little confusing sometimes though? Wouldn't you have to move around your entire binder every time you got a new card to fit it in?

I do it something like that. Except I go a step further and divide them by Class. Holo's, Rare's, Uncommon's, Common's, Energies, Promo's. Also Gym's, Gym Leaders and Unown get a different division. Also those theme decks with the pokemon sillouette's get them and the cards are divided into two sections. Old (Base-Neo) and new (Expedition-Current).

Yes, that is exactly what happens. Every time a new card comes, I have to move around most of the bounder. I've still got 8 cards I really can't be bothered putting in, so they're in a spare page at the back. Sometimes I leave gaps in anticipation.

So I go Class, Type, Set, Number. Sadly, because Serebii don't keep up with modern cards, I can't tell the latter sets which go first (as I only got into post-Neo cards this year) so I just geuss (usually the year helps)

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Types. That is, fire/electric/trainer/supporter/stadium/etc

I don't both organizing my EX series cards though. Don't use them, nothing worth selling.

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years
    I usually do it by series. When I was younger I did it by type. I like doing it by number, but when you get a new one that you didn't have before you have reorganize your entire thing (unless you leave blank spaces)

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    My 1000's of DP cards are organized by Type. But Holo cards come first.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I organize them randomly. Sometimes I may organize them by type or hp but most of the time there in no particular order.

Back