• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you organize your TCG collection?

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
Years
  • When I was younger, back when there was only 151 Pokemon, I used to organize my collection by Pokemon #, but once Silver came out I found it to be too hard to maintain.

As I got older, I've been trying to rearrange my collection into something that is more structured. I've tried arranging by set, but I'm not sure if I like this because since I have recently started collecting again after a long hiatus (and now less money than ever to buy cards) it makes my collection feel empty since I only buy cards by the booster pack now.

How do you organize your collection? Maybe I'll get some ideas to rearrange mine :)

Years
  • I do it by card type and card style (like original, eReader, ex/Advance sets, D/P sets, HGSS sets, B/W sets), since I sometimes go to tournaments and I want to be able to find tournament legal cards of a specific type more quickly when I build a deck.

I used to sort it by rares/holos and then everything else, but my rares binder got filled up quite quickly since I had recently gotten back into collecting at that time.

I'll probably have to organize my cards again soon, though. They're in a bit of a disarray.

Years
  • I have all my holo's in one folder just spread out in no particular order.

But for my non shinys I sort them by the order of the set e.g. 1-102. They are in my other offical folder

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • Interesting...I might consider doing the same thing. I'm really proud of my promos and holos so I think I'll just make a binder for them!

Thanks for the ideas ^.^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My cards are neatly stacked and stored in my Meganium Tin box. I do plan to buy a binder and plastic covers so I can safely store the cards there.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • My cards are neatly stacked and stored in my Meganium Tin box. I do plan to buy a binder and plastic covers so I can safely store the cards there.

Definitely do it. I've only stored my cards by using plastic covers in binders my entire life, and just recently I've been starting to store unwanted cards in tins (but I can't bring myself to put nice cards in here). It's really worth the extra money because your cards stay safe and organized and it's a lot easier to find what you are looking for!

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • I put each one of my cards into a card sleeve, then store them in a deck box. I've only very recently started collecting again, so it's kind of reasonable for now. I imagine that soon I'll have to change my idea about how I'll be organizing the cards, but I'm trying to keep them in as nice of shape as possible.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • my organization for my cards is: Pokemon r organized by their types (fire, water, etc.), trainers organized in alphabetical order, and energies by type provided.

its a simple setup XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Monster binders are really good for storing cards that you take out with you, like stuff that you want to trade or maybe put in your deck at some point. They are probably the most resilient binders you can find. Aside from that, it is best to store cards in any binders with pages of sleeves, and as long as they are somewhere not exposed to moisture or constant sunlight they should be fine. I have 25+ binders and they have all protected my cards since the base set era, just sitting on shelves in cool, dry areas. I would only put doubles of non-holos in tins because the cards are so easily jostled, and eventually the corners can wear down.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    I keep my favorite cards in a crappy old binder I've had since I've first started collecting. The first few pages are the old gym leader cards (like Misty's Poliwag, Brock's Sandshrew, etc.) and any trainer cards featuring the same person. Then I have one page of Mysterious Fossil cards. Then comes the bulk of the book: cards with illustrations that I really like, or cards that are special to me because I remember the day I got them. A Southern Islands Mew is mixed in here. Then I have a page dedicated to foreign language cards with a rare rating. Theres a Japanese trainer card with the original Pocket Monsters back design, and a Kangashkahn (I probably spelled that brutally wrong) and a Victrebell, both in German, from Jungle. Then there are three pages of Unowns, in alphabetical order (with some letters missing lol) and the last page has a potion from Legendary collection that sparkles like fireworks and half of a Legend card. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, you can organize your binder however you want, it depends on what is important to you.
    Except for cards I just got recently, condition isn't my main focus since, stupid me, I played with all my cards unless they weren't in English. I'm not even sure where those came from?
    The rest of my cards are in an old shoebox with cards mixed in from other games as well. It's not really organized. But any and all decks have rubber bands or hair elastics around them.

Samurai★Rocket

Yamato Man
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    Cards-->Pokemon-->Types-->evolutions/basics

Cards-->Trainers-->Supporters/Trainer Item/Stadium

Last edited:

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • I use binders organized chronologically by set, then for each set by card number; sets have tabs between them. Then there's the spreadsheet that tracks what is actually in there, which is darn pretty by the way. Sets break down into binders by generation pretty nicely, so I have a bookshelf with binders in it with roman numerals on the spines for the gens they cover, which just looks cool, like tomes of arcane sorcery! If I could really summon pokemon I would do it. And that would be my downfall.

Zeroblivion

Brotherhood
    Years
  • I store my cards in a box.
    I have 1204 cards so far. I set them by Generation:
    The old Generation cards were in the back and the New Generation cards were in the front.
    I currently have Kanto (when I was a child), Hoenn and Unova (I'm in love with these new cards.)..
    That's all~

Back