• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you percieve it?

Years
    I play competitively sometimes but I don't really have much time to raise Pokemon for doing that lately so I just play the game for fun in my free time.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I play for the collection stuff. Not really the National-PokeDex-Completion thing, but stuff like ribbons and card stars. And Villa furniture. And Legendary Pokemon, and Pokemon with multiple forms. That's... about it. Then I transfer my best over to another game and start over.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Purely fun with bits of nostalgia added in. It makes me feel like a kid again (I'm only 15, but, still). It's just fun for me at this point, just like when I was little.

I don't play competitively at all. I don't think I'd be any good, and I feel like it just takes the fun away from the game. I don't have to worry about which ones are "competitively viable" or "strong" or whatever. I just play with whatever I like, and it's hella fun. I don't care if I have an offensive Umbreon. I don't care if I use Butterfree. The whole point of Pokemon is that it's simple and very enjoyable as a whole. It is a little childish, but that's what makes it so nice.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Nowadays, I mostly play pokemon competitively (Although in the NU teir, so I'm not forced to use what's "good" or not ;D)

However, I still play my diamond, ruby, or leaf green every once in a while.
    Not for nostalgia, but for the fun of using 'mons I've never used before, as well as "bonding" with those adorible little bits of game data =3

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't like to play competitively, to be true.
    I like battling in-game, but on with people in the real world for some reason.

I don't normally like playing for setting any streaks or records.
    For example, I would never get any fun from setting a number of battle win streaks, and neither do I like the battle frontier itself. It feels like hax, which in turn makes it feel out of the game.

But I do like a few collection related things, like collecting all the 493 Pokemon and completing the side-quests, which now I use AR to get because I have done it fairly too many times and I don't want to struggle again.

But what I play most is because I get in the games!
    It feels great that way. The awesome feeling of nostalgia, even though I have never been there feels awesome!
    The music is also such a great fit, and makes me feel tingly!
    Feeling like being in the game gives the sheer feeling of awesome beauty in hearts and souls, lol.
    I love travelling there, and that world is just so nice, and going through the forests, water, oceans, lakes, deserts, dry grounds, mountains, cities, towns, and everywhere else with the awesome music to fit with it feels sooo great!

Back