• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you picture Pokemon battles?

YesMyGengar

loli'mnew.
    Years
    When you play a game, be it Red, Silver, Ruby, Diamond or Black... How do you picture a Pokemon battle in your head?
    Like, for example... I picture a Pokemon battle just like in the anime. My Milotic's tail turning light blue when using aqua tail and such. Some moves I just improvise in my head.
    How about you then?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I picture my Pokemon battles in the same way as the anime battles. For example, I picture the move Earthquake, which hasn't appeared in the anime since Advance, as the user stomping on the ground or jumping in the air and crashing down, and causing a massive quake

Years
    Like most of us, I follow my imagination as the anime. Some moves that have never been shown in the anime such as U Turn, Payback, Heal Block etc, I try and visualize how they would appear realistically. =3

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    The game need to be more less stiff with turn-based mechanic or even changed to real time and more complex to keep up with my imagination of picturing pokemon battles.
    Sometime is just makes me wyf when I'm picturing my Salamence get intimidated by a herdier. A dog intimidate a frikkin Dragon? C'mon man, your kiddin me?

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I just try to think of them in a logical way and use my imagination, but I wouldn't know how a Pokemon would use Earthquake indoors and on water lol...

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
    I picture the battles like they're shown in the anime, but in my head they're not drawings and they look like real battles.

Years
    Never really thought about it, but I guess I'd imagine battles being like the battles in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    With bloodshed; I'm not a Nuzlocker, but I don't really watch the anime so I've come to imagine rather more realistic and brutal, although nonlethal, scenes.
    I don't like to think the trainers have much input during battles — they've done their part through training as their occupational name would suggest, now it's the actual combatants' turns to come into their own. One does not see humans partaking in animal fights in the real world, after all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    I picture them like in the anime but with more strategy/subjective settings. Say I'm in the sea, surfing in my Gyarados (with my Crobat in the front of the party, flying above).
    Some swimmer locks eyes with me and he has a Shellder. Naturally, Crobat is sent out and uses, say, Confuse Ray. I then switch him out for Gyarados (with him still staying around) and hit the Shellder with a Flamethrower, to which I imagine (since I always pictured my Gyarados smoking a blunt and being freaking high at all times) the fire being the ashes of blunt flying out of the tip of it, or even the flame itself. Meh, I get bored exploring the huge-ass Hoenn sea sometimes and this happens x)

Stuff like confusion I imagine them missing the attack blatantly and hitting a wall or something.

Years
    I picture them a lot like the anime too but I think a little more realistically. I don't like trying to picture something like a golem fighting in the middle of the ocean for example.

Back