• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you pronounce Pidgeot?

Years
    Pidge-ee-ot. That's always been the way that I've pronounced the name. I don't watch the anime, but why would they pronounce it Pidgit? It doesn't even make sense, it's like calling Zapdos Zapdose.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Pidg-ee-ot.
    Like almost everybody else who responded to this thread. XD
    Maybe we should make this thread the "official pokemon pronunciation thread", becuse I'm tired of reading all of theese peoples posts and how hey pronounce one name!
    XD
    I say Zapdose, because that's what Ash called it in the seccond movie. XD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I believe that it's pronounced 'pidge-ee-it'. I started out saying pidge-ee-awt, but my Jersey-slouch pronunciation skills sort of degraded the word.

...Also, ray-quay-zah FTW. Pwnyta (Pokémon Battle Revolution, anyone?) FTL.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Pij-awt

I'm more annoyed that in the earlier days, they would confuse Pidgeotto and Pidgeot. But yeah, that's how I say it.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I don't think there's multiple ways to officially pronounce any Pokemon, it's just dub errors.

Back