• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do YOU pronounce "Pokemon"?

How do YOU pronounce "Pokemon"?

• Total voters

chews

Chewilicious
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    To me its Poke-uh-mon,been pronouncing this since Pokemon started,so i guess i'am used to it.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Shinji: I usually pronouce it "poh keh mon", both when I speak English and Japanese.
    Crystal Clair pronounces it like me sometimes, "pokay mon" sometimes and pok uh mon with the uh almost silent so it sounds like an eh in a way.
    We both pronounce the PokeCommunity as Pokay community though, for some reason
    and when Crystal Clair is in a silly mood -_- she pronounces it pokee man

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I pronounce it "Po" (without the /w/-sound), "Ké" (Like the French words that have an /é/ in it (écrire, allé, that way)) and "mon", just "mon"

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I pronounce it "Po" (without the /w/-sound), "Ké" (Like the French words that have an /é/ in it (écrire, allé, that way)) and "mon", just "mon"
    Quoted because this is exactly how I pronounce it, French explanation included. :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Really depends.

Usually Poke - uh -mon. When I'm being stupid I say "Poke-kee-manz". And "Poke-kay-mon" when I feel weird.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I'd say poke - uh -mon, it's easier for me to say. Poke - kay - mon just seems unnatural. I might pronounce it poke - ee -mon sometimes though.

- Sigma -

Bam!
    Years
    I think the right way is "Po - kay - mon", and I think it is an insult when someone says "po - kee - man". But usually when people say that it's because they don't even know what it is. No offence to people here.

Back