• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you sit in class?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Do you bounce your legs, lean all the way back, or sit straight up? Talk about your sitting posture when you're stuck in a classroom for 45 minutes to 3 hours. x.x

I usually sit straight up and sometimes I'll bounce 1 leg. Or if I feel very impatient I'm playing with my pen and bouncing both legs. I never find myself getting so comfortable in a desk to the point where I have my legs up or my back down low.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    Depending on where I sit in the classroom relative to the teacher I sit in different positions. My school's desks have a bar on the right side of them, and you sit down from the left side, so often times I will sit with my back against the bar to face the teacher.

If I am facing the teacher I'll shift around a lot, but generally I'll be slouching or bouncing a leg.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I usually sit like a statue, it really bothers me cause I feel like a lot of eyes are on me idk weird just weird.

Yeah man, I'm the same way. I'm always straight up and proper because I feel like I'm being watched 24/7 lol.

Years
    I usually start sitting normally, either with knees wide apart (as a guy, I never felt comfortable sitting with my legs crossed, it's just uncomfortable) or in a 4-figure position ( foot over thigh ). I usually watch after my posture so I lean backwards.

That's how I am during the first 10 minutes.

Last 10 minutes?
    I probably look like a melted ice cream as I'm slowly sliding under the table not giving a single rat's tail lmao

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I usually start sitting normally, either with knees wide apart (as a guy, I never felt comfortable sitting with my legs crossed, it's just uncomfortable) or in a 4-figure position ( foot over thigh ). I usually watch after my posture so I lean backwards.

That's how I am during the first 10 minutes.

Last 10 minutes?
    I probably look like a melted ice cream as I'm slowly sliding under the table not giving a single rat's tail lmao

You literally made me lol. Thank you. xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    there is no pattern to the way I sit, and I shift around a lot. I'm kind of restless and fidgety in class.

This is me. I shift my leg and body position all throughout class. Sometimes I have one leg propped on my knee and sometimes with both crossed in the chair. Sometimes they will be crossed under the chair, just like I am now. Like this, but you know, I don't have a pretty set of legs like these. Most of my classes are 2-3 hours long so I shift at least 10-20 times per class. This is what having ADHD is like lol. I have to have part of my body constantly moving or I'm bored.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I pretty much always just lay in class. I lay on the couch, on the bed, sometimes I cover up with a blanket if it's too cold. I just make myself comfortable, really.

..Oh, yeah, I'm homeschooled.

How do you sit in class?

Sirfetch’d

I usually sit with my head down in the back. I'm a listener and learn better if I black out everything and just take mental notes. My first goal is to just find a comfortable position and then I just take it all in. Although in some classes that is harder with distractions around haha

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'll usually lean forward, cross one leg over the other and put my left elbow on the table with my hand against my chin. In other classes, I'll lean back against the chair and tap my foot impatiently. I've always been a sloucher and haven't ever really done anything to change it. :p

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I usually sit either leaning back against the chair either with one leg crossed over the other or with both of them stretched out in front of me if there is legroom. My top leg usually bounces slightly on its own accord due to habit. I try to sit up straight because of proper posture, but most of the time I keep sliding down my seat so I tend to give up at the end.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I sit... comfortably yet attentive? I don't know. I have poor posture to begin with XD So probably hunched over even if I don't mean to

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I normally sit with my legs open, despite being a girl. IDK, it's just much more comfortable. Normally I have my head resting on my hand and the next thing you know, I'd be snoozing. :/

I honestly prefer to go into the practical appliances than sitting down and listen to the teacher ('cause I'm too lazy to take notes).

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    When I went to school (graduated in 2004) I sat in the back,, trying to hide the most - not because I was shy or scared - more like bored and just wanting class to be over - I also try to hide so I could listen to music without being noticed much - Rock N' Roll & Heavy Metal was more in my head than any school related work (I'm still kind of surprised I graduated with the lowest possible grades).

I would be stretched out as much as possible

RejectiontheHedgie

The Rejected One
    Years
    I feel so lucky now. In school, I get to lay on the floor in any position with my laptop. I home school so, for me I actually sit or lay anywhere. xD

Back