• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you tell if a wild pokemon is shiny?

Aedan

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    My pokemons actually had the pokerus yeaterday ^^

I have never caught a shiny pokemon in R/S though... but i caught a couple of shiny ones in G/S/C.. one of them was a shining Dunsparce, another was a shining Geodude.. Heh..

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    There's an umlimited number of shinys in the game. You just need luck. It's like 1 out of 8725 chance of finding a shiny whenever you battle a wild pokemon. Or as awkwardsilence says..a 1 out of 60 thousand something chance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    That's cause they just stand there and don't run around (with the exception of the Latis and dogs). I just kept reseting until I got my black Rayquaza, which didn't take long cause it was shiny on thr 6th or 8th try. It's also one of my only 2 shinys. The other one is a Salamence which is green I think.

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    ::screams extreamly loud in agony::
    NOOOO! I let a shiney get away in the past! I didn't know to much about shiney's prior to reading this! And i let a Clamperl shiney get away! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    I WANT ONE NOW! I fought it for exp. points u.u what a waste....

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I have a measly stupid shiny pelliper.
    MY BROTHER HAS A SHINY VIBRAVA THAT'S GONNA EVOLVE INTO A SHINY FLYGON.
    *jealousy*

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    *sniffle sniffle* i want a shiney anything. I'm despret. it's true though; if you go searching for a shiny, you'll never find one. I tried. I came across Latias twice though! (THAT was unexpected!) I'd settle for a shiney anything. I was trying for a Wingull. But I'd huv settled for a Shiney Tentacool. ANYTHIIIIING!
    *Whine, cry, and complain!* Send dr.phil this way please...
    ...wait a minute. Is shiny in GSC to? I may have one! YAY! But i must find my silver cartridge first u.u

Back