• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you think the pokemon world is?

kierany9

Pokemon Master of the world
Years
  • My view of the pokemon world is...
    Hoenn is in the south-west. If you head to the east you will find Almia and hen Fiore. To the north of Hoenn is Orre. East of Orre you find Johto and Kanto. North of Fiore are the Orange and Sevill islands a bit to the east. East of Kanto and north of Sevill are the TGC islands and finaly to the east is Sinnoh.
    How do you think it is?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I thought it was common knowledge that Hoenn was in the southwest, Sinnoh was in the Northeast, and the Kanto/Johto mainland is in the middle. Orre, Almia, Fiore, etc. are a bit more arguable, but they don't particularly matter to me. XD

also, there's that huge image that the producers of the anime use.
    Spoiler:

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    I think one of the only 'mystery' locations, is that of the Sevi Islands, we know their East of Cinnabar, but that's it.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I always post this for the people who never do enough research to realize it:

How do you think the pokemon world is?

South is of course Hoenn of a Southern, Tropical Climate.

The middle is Johto and Kanto, of a Temperate, Forested Climate.

And to the North is none other than the cold, snowy Sinnoh.

The dummies who think that Isshu is going to be somewhere else aren't even paying attention to the GIANT blank area in the direct middle.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Whenever I think of the pokemon world, I think of paradise and a dream way of living, total freedom and happiness.

kierany9

Years
  • Heres an update. I added Holon and changed some altitudes especialy in Ranger reigons. And the Hoenn league is still in Almia

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^ Hmmm, I always thought Sinnoh would be further up North of the Kanto-Johto region. Other than that it looks like that would be wherethe regions are located at.

I wonder how Isshu will fit in there.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Okay, lets start with Kanto. It is connected on the west border to Johto, just like the real life Kanto,Tokai, and Kinki Regions. As of yet, the direct north of Kanto and Johto are unknown, as is the direct west of Johto. South of Kanto, according to interviews and anime maps, are the Sevii Islands. Directly south of the Sevii Islands is New Island, and directly south of that is the Orange Islands. There is also a string of islands south of the real life Kanto region. Now the Hoenn region is said to lay southwest of Johto, which fits the placement of the real life Kyushu region of japan. Sinnoh is said to lay due north of the Kanto region, which fits the placement of the real life Hokkaido region of Japan. Kanto, Johto, Sevii Islands, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are all visually are simular to there respective Japan regions. Soo, according to the interviews, artwork, and anime, the main pokemon games regions are equivulant to the regions of Japan.
    Spoiler:

Now as for the "off" games, like Ranger Series, Card Game Series, Colleseum Series, and any other console game, I think that there respective regions are less centalized as the main games. Take for instance Orre, it contains a desert, seeing as there are no deserts in Japan, mabey its based off of some desert somewere, like the Gobi, or mabey the desert in America. I don't think we'll ever be sure just were those games are based off of, and I think its ment to be that way, just to keep us guessing.
    Now as for the Isshu region, we don't have much to go off of. As of right now, the only thing that the creators said about its placement was that its "located much further away from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh than the four are from each other", that combined with the fact that there is no O sound in its name, like the other regions, lead me to believe that it is separated from the rest of the regions, likley not based on Japan.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, lets start with Kanto. It is connected on the west border to Johto, just like the real life Kanto,Tokai, and Kinki Regions. As of yet, the direct north of Kanto and Johto are unknown, as is the direct west of Johto. South of Kanto, according to interviews and anime maps, are the Sevii Islands. Directly south of the Sevii Islands is New Island, and directly south of that is the Orange Islands. There is also a string of islands south of the real life Kanto region. Now the Hoenn region is said to lay southwest of Johto, which fits the placement of the real life Kyushu region of japan. Sinnoh is said to lay due north of the Kanto region, which fits the placement of the real life Hokkaido region of Japan. Kanto, Johto, Sevii Islands, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are all visually are simular to there respective Japan regions. Soo, according to the interviews, artwork, and anime, the main pokemon games regions are equivulant to the regions of Japan.
    Spoiler:

Now as for the "off" games, like Ranger Series, Card Game Series, Colleseum Series, and any other console game, I think that there respective regions are less centalized as the main games. Take for instance Orre, it contains a desert, seeing as there are no deserts in Japan, mabey its based off of some desert somewere, like the Gobi, or mabey the desert in America. I don't think we'll ever be sure just were those games are based off of, and I think its ment to be that way, just to keep us guessing.
    Now as for the Isshu region, we don't have much to go off of. As of right now, the only thing that the creators said about its placement was that its "located much further away from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh than the four are from each other", that combined with the fact that there is no O sound in its name, like the other regions, lead me to believe that it is separated from the rest of the regions, likley not based on Japan.
    The problem with this map (And the one christom posted) is that the Battle Area of Sinnoh is not that small. It's actually the tip of a bigger island named Sakhalin. Does it really matter? No, but it's a little detail that really bugs me with most of these maps. ._.

https://heisstack.blogspot.com/2007/0...h-pokemon.html

kierany9

Years
  • Did nobody see my previous post?! For god's sake, the games were MADE in Japan!

My guess is that Isshu is near that little island in the middle.

Nintendo oficcialy stated that ishhu is further away than all the other reigons from eachother. So you are wrong

Years
  • Wow, I have never seen a map of the Pokemon region until now, Ishhu must be very far cause the regions are close to each other.

Back