• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you train to a high level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
  • Quick Question...What is the Berry Glitch?

Back on topic i always train against people with Gyarados as they go down with 1 electric move but they give out so much EXP points xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The berry glitch is a glitch which occurs in R/S after you've had it for a year. It stops the game's internal clock, meaning that no berries can grow (hence the name), among other things. It's supposed to have been fixed in Emerald, but in my Emerald game, it doesn't register days as passing, though the clock still works. It's probably a different glitch altogether, but it has practically the same effect.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • That would suck then. Imagine if that happened in Diamond/Pearl and you didn't vs the girls in Hearthome City Gym and didn't see Drifloon. You'd be screwed

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    The only Lv. 100 pokemon I ever had was a Pikachu (the starter Pokemon in Yellow). I was constantly getting Pwned by Brock and therefore trained Pikachu like crazy in the Viridian forest (before I discovered the wonders of Pidgeotto and Butterfree). So by the end of the game, Pikachu Pwnz.

I'm playing Leaf Green at the moment. I'm also trying to find a way around Training and levelling up -- to tell the truth I'm at my wit's end. So far cheats (I use LoadingNOW's Action Replay 3) seem to be working. So I got to train a Phanpy at the start of the game (along with Squirtle and Pidgey/Pidgeotto), and I'm able to buy items...BUT there are no 'EXP.' cheats for Leaf Green and AR3/Gameshark Advanced.

I've seen those cheats where people claim that your pokemon get either 5000 or 99999 EXP after a battle, regardless of the level of the enemy pokemon -- didn't work; the cheats were either fake, not compatible (with game or cheat device) and for another game.

And I don't really use Rare Candies. Last time, I used 5 rare candied on a Lv. 28 Pikachu and it got pwnt by a Pidgey. So when my pokemon level up, I only use 2 or 3 Rare Candies on them.

Does anyone know where I can get some cheats for levelling up? Seriously, it's really frustrating!! D: *about to cry*

if all else fails use an AR

How?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Pretty much, the VS. Seeker, the league(FR/LG)
    Lucky egg, or traded Pokemon.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • I only have Lvl. 94 Rayquaza, Blaziken and Groudon. I am owning the E4 with an Exp. Share to Evolve the weaklings and fill the pokedex...
    That takes double time from just doing it WITHOUT Exp. Share...

And you can fix the Berry Glitch bu linking with FR/LG and pressing Down+SELECT or something like that on the titlescreen and resetting the game after following the instructions

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
  • I have another idea, I don't use it anyway. If your friend has a 100 lv. pokemon and it knows a move like howl. Just ask your friend(if he has emerald), clone a 100 lv pokemon and then teach it howl etc. you battle that pokemon by using your best attacks while he should only use howl.

But I clone rare candies, simplest idea ever!

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • just vs E4, thats what I did, got 6 pkmn 2 level 100 from it, one of them was a Zangoose!

Years
  • The VS seeker would have great to have in R/S/E. Late in the game, before the Elite 4, I'm usually stuck with training my Pokemon the traditional (and boring) way; fighting wild Pokemon in Victory Road. It was especially frustrating the last time in Sapphire, because I actually decided to use a Magcargo of all Pokemon for my Fire-type, and the thing is so slow that Pokemon 10-15 levels lower were still attacking first. Last time I ever use one of those. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back