• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you type?

How do you type?

• Total voters
Years
  • I've gotten so used to the layout of a keyboard that, if need be, I can type just fine without looking at it - assuming that my hands are in the right position to hit the right keys, anyways. I know that sometimes I'll type something, and it turns out I've hit the keys next to the keys I actually wanted to hit.

However, my normal way of typing is to look between the two, with my eyes on the monitor for most of the time. I like to be able to catch any spelling mistakes I might make.

Years
  • I use to type by pecking (only with two fingers), but then I learned how to type the real way and I don't need to look at the keyboard unless I'm typing a really long word (copying from something). But I still need to look at the keyboard in case I'm going to need a symbol...

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • I mainly type looking at the keyboard, although I can type perfeclty fine looking at the computer screen. It's more a matter of habit that I look at the keyboard as opposed to me not knowing where the keys are.

~Kelsey

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I alternate.
    Normally I only look at the keyboard if I loose my place, or I'm typing a long word that I dunno how to spell, and I have to think about it. XD
    Normally I look at the screen, but like I said, I alternate, so I tend to watch what I type sometimes as well.
    Along with Rika, my looking at the keyboard is more a habit as well...

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I alternate, I looks at the keyboard a few times but I look at the computer screen more.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I type with two fingers, looking at the keyboard. Then I read over what I've typed afterward.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I look at the screen more often but sometimes I take a look down to see where I am. XD

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • My typing style has definitely changed over time.. XD I can usually type without looking at the keyboard, but at times I look down if I'm not sure if its the right key I'm pressing.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • I alternate, but look at the computer more. It doesn't really matter though, but I just hate looking down at the keyboard when typing. =/

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I alternate, but look at my keyboard more. I just periodically glance up at the screen to make sure I don't make a mistake with this keyboard. I don't ever want to make a mistake. ;;

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • I usually look at my keyboard more because I make mistakes sometimes. xD I always miss the U,I,O,C,X, and Z keys. xD Also I use Caps lock accidentally sometimes instead of shift. xD But it's kind of equal, depends if there's something interesting I can read. Like Hanako Tabris's signature. xD

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • Look at the keyboard, I only look at the computer when I pause, so I know I've done everything right XD

(I looked at the computer at the end of this post)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I never look at the keboard while typing. It's harder to spot spelling mistakes when you do that. Besides, I don't have any need to look at the keyboard, so...

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Me too. I don't look at the keyboard, only at the computerscreen.

WHY should i do that?! You can see wrong spelling even faster as you said.

Back