• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you want Pokémon to carry on?

Pokemon Games after 4th Gen?

• Total voters

oreobytes

super de duper!
    Years
    i like the idea of spin-offs, i mean all good things have an end to them...i think a new generation would be WAY overkill on pokemon seeing how "alien" the 4th generation already looked from the originals (which at first angered a lot of fans)
    Spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Trozei...the racing one for the DS...all of those are neat! i like seeing the spin-off games of pokemon with new innovative ideas...
    Also i liked the pokemon: Crystal chronicles or whatever it was called where it was in the pokemon world but with different characters (in the johto region WOOT)
    i would love to see more spin-offs like THAT with new characters and a new story and whatnot instead of Ash continuing to travel..and travel..and travel. it's boring now. The only interesting thing in Diamond/Pearl series is Paul,he's a new kind of character to the show and being one of the few things i'd watch it occasionally for other than getting to see more 4th gen pokemon animated ..and that's really it.

well pretty much i'd like to see spin-offs of pokemon and stuff...that's all i gotta say.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    If the forth generation is a demonstration of the Pokemon design process (providing they weren't already designed like the first 252 or so) then I say stick to what we have so we can't get any worse.

I want a GSC remake, however infeasible it is...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I'm hoping to see a 5th generation of Pokemon that need evolutions or I would like to see new Pokemon like a Banette evolution, Tauros and a pre evolution of Kangaskhan. Or make a remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver

:t354:TG

oreobytes

super de duper!
    Years
    I think emerald was the best... if they make 5th gen, they should add on the good stuff from D/P (GST etc.) and combine it with R/S/E's Battle fronteir (AND TRAINER SPRITES!)

i hated the 3rd generation, especially the graphics. and the starter pokemon.

i also didn't like the idea of battle frontier, idk....
    i would LOVE to see if they made a 5th gen game, that you can travel back to ALL of the regions!

Bobpie

|~The Aipom Lover~|
    Years
    i hated the 3rd generation, especially the graphics. and the starter pokemon.

i also didn't like the idea of battle frontier, idk....
    i would LOVE to see if they made a 5th gen game, that you can travel back to ALL of the regions!

That would be really cool! so like you start in Firered type thing and when ur finished you move to gold.... and u can go back to do orange island and stuff!

NekoRobin

>______>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Well if they will make GSC remake we would be able to see Kanto in 4th gen graphics too :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2007
    I'm still waiting for a damn G/S/C remake, I've been waiting for that one for quite a while since my crystal version took a dump before I finished it :/.

Non-Legend

Forever Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Idk about 5th gen but its possible to make a new version without like 100 new pokemon. Perhaps a uniquely set up version maybe more than three starter pokemon to choose from or if not have the trainer choose one grass one fire and one water for three starters out of a selection of all starters ever made. Making the gym leaders more unique may be good maybe gym leaders that favor pokemon not by type but in a diffrent way. An example would be have a leader that favors "shape" pokemon such as porygon electrode and ditto. That's just my opinion any way not sure if anyobe would understand but you'll only end up choosing one starter anyway if a new version comes out.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    I wouldn't mind seeing a 5th generation, but ever since FireRed and LeafGreen came out, I've dreamed of seeing a GSC remake. In my opinion GSC was by far the best, especially after seeing the Team Aqua, Magma, and Galactic. The Aqua vs. Magma feud was ok, and Team Galactic was a horrible disgrace to evil. Lv. 40 Wurmples??? o.0;

I'd like to see GSC remade with some extra depth into the stories, like the formation of Lake of Rage, the storm that burned down Tin Tower, and Celebi's guardianship of Ilex Forest.

geckoriot

THE MIGH'Y POOCH
    Years
    I dun mind if they carry on with RPG formula but I think they need to start writing more depth into the plotlines, more sidequests, more interactivity with NPCs - maybe grant them the ability to say more than one thing, and be able to travel to several different regions. Regions that've already appeared in-game or otherwise. How fun would it be to finally visit the Orange Islands? More gyms and more trainers so it'd be easy to train your Pokemon up without resorting to continually versing the Elite 4. Also, when I first read about it, I very much liked the Underground idea because I thought it'd be reminiscent of the Underground in Goldenrod, which had shady market stalls and battles, and things to look at - but instead, the Sinnoh Underground consisted of a monotonous maze of... nothingness. So if they're going to have an equivalent in the inevitable next game, I think they should spice it up a little

So yeah, even though I love the basic Pokemon formula it IS starting to get rather too predictable, I mean D/P didn't really bring anything new or exciting to the table.
    Pokemon is Nintendo's money tree so I think the designers tend to pump the games out as quickly as possible, but I think they need to take a break for a few years and come up with something that really revolultionizes the humble Pokemon RPG and breathes a bit of life back into the series

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    I'd like to see a game for the Wii that encompasses all prior Regions, so it would have Kanto, Johto, the Sevii Islands, Hoenn, Pokétopia, both Stadiums (the N64 games), Orre, Fiore, the Orange Islands (I don't like the idea of anime-only stuff), and a few new Regions. Hoenn would have the Battle Frontier, like in Pokémon Emerald Version, and Orre would be as it was in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. You'd start anywhere but the new Region(s), go through the Gyms, etc., like the games prior. But then you'd get a ticket to go to the next Region, and keep playing like that.

This game would also have a storyline similar to that of Legend of Zelda games; you play the hero, your significant other (or friend, or sibling, or parent, or whomever) would get into trouble off in the new Region, but you need to go on a journey to prove yourself, raise your Pokémon, etc. until you'd be allowed to go to the new Region where your Zelda (or whatever you name him/her) would be waiting. There would be tons of side quests, tons of tidbits to the story in every Region, and a dangerous new foe who expertly wields a LV100 uber team.

It would also have a Wi-Fi mode similar to Pokémon Battle Revolution, be compatible with Pokémon Ranch (remember Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire? This is similar), be able to communicate with Diamond, Pearl, and Ranger, and you'd be able to train as a Trainer, Ranger, and Coordinator.

The control scheme would be similar to a cross between Pokémon Battle Revolution and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and the battles would be 3D. All characters, Pokémon, everything really would be as realistic as it gets (see graphics from Final Fantasy XII).

Finally, Pokémon availability (remember, Pokémon can be version-exclusive) would depend on your choices on personality at the beginning of the game. If you've played Kingdom Hearts, you'd remember the questions asked of you at the start of the game, and it determined what abilities you'd learn at what levels, and how your stats would grow, and how fast you'd level up. Well, similar case here. Your choices reflect what Pokémon won't be available, so you will need to do quite a bit of trading.

THAT is what I'd like to see. And yes, geckoriot has a very good point about deeper plots and such.

Demon Gengar

Lord of Ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2007
    Keep mainstream Pokemon games alive with new Pokemon, moves, and G/S/C remakes.

Demon Gengar

Lord of Ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2007
    Keep mainstream Pokemon games alive with new Pokemon, moves, and G/S/C remakes.
    sorry about the double post

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    I like the pokemon to continue with new pokemons and with some new moves. all the old moves are to be changed. Change is the only thing that is true in this world. So the pokemons have to change there tactics.

Back