• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you want to be buried?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Do you hope to be cremated? Do you have a family plot somewhere? Do you have any idea how you want your funeral to be held? What does your funeral playlist currently consist of or are you just going to opt for a premade playlist? Or are you planning to just leave the specifics to whoever's left after you're gone since it doesn't really matter to you how it goes seeing as you won't be attending?

pkmin3033

I want to be frozen, if possible. Being buried sounds about as much fun as being cremated does...which is to say, not fun at all. If they discover some kind of scientific cure for aging or death I'd very much like there to be something left of me for them to use it on. Although if they find that cure for aging by 2050 like they're apparently supposed to and I'm still alive I suppose it's a moot point.

Yeah, I watch too much science fiction. I'm not going to appreciate my own funeral anyway.

If I absolutely must have a funeral - which I guarantee you nobody would go to - I'm kinda torn between having a playlist that'll make people cry and one that will make them feel extremely uncomfortable. Bright Eyes is definitely something I want to have playing as people come in irrespective of what else I choose, though. Honestly I don't want to make uninspired ironic choices - It's My Life by Bon Jovi being one such song I love but would be painfully cliche - but if I'm going to go down the "make people as uncomfortable as possible" route I'll probably just go with the angriest metal I can find...which probably means a playlist comprised entirely of Chimaira. Maybe I'll alternate between the two styles to confuse the hell out of people...and throw in some Vocaloid for good measure. Nothing says "sad funeral" quite like Doremifa Rondo, after all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Donated maybe? Like if anything I have is of use I'd like to help others after I pass.

User Anon 1848

It might be selfish but I want to be cremated.

Years
  • I've not thought about it much. I wouldn't be against being donated but my body is so messed up from my health issues I doubt it'd be much use. So I guess, like my family usually is, I'll be cremated.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I think being donated all screwed up might be the best thing. Even someone like me because they see us and try to figure us out so they can prevent it for the future.

I know when my Dad passed away we donated his eyes which when we saw him in the hospital they came to put drops in his eyes and put patches on them. I giggled and told Mom I wanted a sharpie so I could draw eyes on the patches and put his glasses back on.

I did the same with Mom although I had them donate more of Mom's organs and anything else they could. Both of my parents are cremated because they didn't want for someone to have to take care of a gravesite once they were gone.

I know it's cheaper to be cremated and to do pre planning that way you lock in todays prices instead of the inflation that will happen in the future.

Years
  • I honestly don't care what happens to my body after I die since it's not likely I'll have any family left who would be sentimental about it so I'd say donating for medical purposes is fine.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • My boyfriend and I talk about this sometimes. Our wishes haven't been documented which means that the family gets to decide what happens at your funeral and to make sure our wishes are preserved, we've talked about it. Especially since I've been on death's door several times and my family has this strong tradition where we absolutely must be buried in the earth so "that we may pass on".

While my boyfriend wants to be cremated for the same reason Caite's parents wanted to be cremated, I recently found out about "Bios Urns". Bios Urn is a biodegradable urn designed to convert you into a tree after you die. The urn is made using 100% biodegradable materials and your ashes are put in the bottom. I think the idea of Bios Urns are beautiful and really brings the "return to the earth from which you came" idea truly to life. There are also Burial pods in which they put your remains (your dead) body in a pod with a young tree on top.

I don't have a general idea of what kind of funeral I'd want. I just want the song "If I die young." to play if I do happen to die young and I basically want what the song states.

Bury me in satin. Lay me down in a bed of roses and sink me in a river at dawn. (but please come fetch me so I can become a tree x'D )

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My best friend and I have talked about this as well. He wants his body to be cremated and buried as a tree. He doesn't want his body to be on display but to be more of a memorial.

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • As a transwoman who has attempted suicide seven times, and is permanently disabled from the last attempt...well, I've thought about it a lot.

I want to be cremated with my possessions (no pets, no plants, nothing like that), somewhat like the pagan kings of old. After that, I want the ashes to be scattered in the Mississippi River, to flow into the ocean, to truly be free. And most importantly, I want to be remembered by my true name, not my dead name.

I'm not ready to die yet...but I have thought about this a ton.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Personally, I want to be buried on a lake. I'm planning to have a feast for whoever gathers, and then I'll be sent out on the lake in a wooden canoe and someone I'm close to will fire a flaming arrow onto my gasoline soaked body. Given the plans, I don't really want to have anything playing as I think it would ruin the mood regardless of tempo or theme. Aside from someone having to learn to use a bow and arrow, it's probably the easiest and cheapest way for me to be disposed of while still being somewhat artistic or meaningful.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Donate me to science. Best thing I can do in death is give back to the living somehow.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    whatever's cheapest and easiest

I'm not worth spending money on and having some fancy ceremony when I die

Years
  • The way I see it, a dead body's a dead body. Pay respects, take out the organs still in good condition for donation, then dispose of me the cheapest/most environmentally friendly way possible (I don't actually know what that is, would love advice lol).

Zize

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2020
    Cremation is very popular now, I would like to eat that way.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • donate my organs, burn me to a crisp, and play great gig in the sky at the funeral

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Ahahahah. I've thought about this quite a bit. I would like to be cremated. I want my ashes to be shot up towards the sun, so I become one with the sky and become a star. I also want them to play Mr Blue sky by ELO while they do it.

Back