• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you welcome 2009?

How do you welcome 2009?

• Loud and seriously annoying fireworks.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Mini-pyrotechnics*

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Trumpets or anything softer than fireworks.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Others (please specify in post.)

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Others for me.

I like to quietly sit around till 12:30 AM in the night and say to myself, "Well, here's a new year. I hope this one's good...". After that I look at the sky for a while and go back to my room to sleep.

Years
    I just think it as another year blown by.
    Goodbye, minorly uncivilized world, hello NUCLEAR WAR.
    lol
    I'm gonna watch the Twilight Zone tomorrow and stay up all night.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I stay with family for New Years. I don't desire to be out with my friends really late, have the dangerous possibility of being killed in a car accident by the higher amount of drunk drivers, and then having to go to school a couple days later all tired and groggy.

So New Years is with my mom and step dad mostly. Before he came along, it was at home with my grandparents too. We would watch the ball drop and then I'd go across the street to my friend's for the setting off of illegal fireworks :333. Now that we've moved, Grandma and Grandpa don't spend the first minutes of the new year with me. ;;

This year, it's at home with my aunt, uncle, and cousin coming. It'll be fun. ^^'

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The title should be "How will you welcome 2009?" since we haven't welcomed it before.

I shall sit outside with the family while sneaking on here.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    The title should be "How will you welcome 2009?" since we haven't welcomed it before.

I shall sit outside with the family while sneaking on here.

Typo.

EDIT: How willyou welcome 2009?

Thanks Forever for spotting that!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm going to welcome 2009 with open arms. I'm hoping '09 will be a better year for me.

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I was supposed to spend it at one big family meeting but as it turns out everyone decided to go to their homes, so it'll be just me, my brother and my parents eating nothing fancy here at home^^

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I like to hang out with my son and tell bad jokes that make him giggle....like

"I cannot believe you have not eaten since last year"

XD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I'm hoping my cousin can get his hands on some alcohol because I'm broke. I'll make a toast to the new year and feel good doing it! :D

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    New Year's Eve, my mom and I have a tradition of going somewhere to eat (my dad doesn't come as he usually has to work). My sister will come along too this year.

I believe we are ordering buffalo wings, pizza, soda, and a few bags of popcorn.

Years
    I stay with family for New Years. I don't desire to be out with my friends really late, have the dangerous possibility of being killed in a car accident by the higher amount of drunk drivers, and then having to go to school a couple days later all tired and groggy.

This.

I'll be at my grandmother's house this evening as my mother and stepfather are going out for the night. It's not strictly necessary given my and my brother's ages (16 and 14 respectively), but we've gone over there every year for at least eight years now, with perhaps one or two exceptions when I've been at my dad's house instead. However, my grandmother likes the company and we don't at all mind being over there, so we're glad to go. ^_^

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I will probably just stay home and watch the news until the clock hits 12, then wait another hour for my time zone to reach 12 and go to sleep soon after.
    Aside from that I won't really welcome it in any other way.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
    With my Gamecube or maybe on my computer... else I'll watch the Simpsons with my brothers and sisters
    How do you welcome 2009?

Back