• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How does FTP Work,What is CCS,RSS,etc.

Years
    Well,I looked on google and know one has a short-sweet-informal walkthrough,so I was wondering could anyone a PC do a short review for me on how to get FTP to work.I have frontpage.

Also what is CCS and RSS?

And is there any free sites that let you use FTP,CSS,RSS?

Years
    CSS is the style sheet, for backround colors, link colors, text colors, and so on and so forth, you have to do that yourself, if you had no CSS your page would be white with bold black text
    I'm not familiar with FTP so i dont know how that works

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Frontpage has nothing to do with FTP. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. FTP is one way to get pages and files up to your host. Not all hosts allow it though.

CCS (Cascade Style Sheets) determine the way your website looks, like HM said.

RSS... I'm not really sure. :\

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    You can upload files over the FTP protocol using Frontpage, but I suggest something like SmartFTP.

RSS stands for various things... a generally accepted one is "really simple syndication". It's a way of pulling feeds from other sites, whether those be blog entries, news or something else, and putting them on your site, or in a feedreader so you can read all your news in one window.

valerauko

Cutting Moon
    Years
    if you want to make valid, semantic and cool looking sites, you really need css.
    rss is one of the feed types, in addition to atom and opml. rss has multiple versions, the latest is 2.0 afaik.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    I recomend Smart FTP, you host supplies the login information, and then you just drag and drop what you want into the public_html folder or http_docs folder

Back