• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How does my team look?

KingOfClubs

Insert Cool Title *HERE*
    Years
    Here's my team. And I don't want just new movesets, if I did, i would have asked you to make me a team. I want you to tell me pros and cons of my team. I know the natures aren't great, but I made sure they aren't detrimental to what it's doing. I also really don't get EVs so, I'm not even going to try and post their EV spreads (I'll read up on it...) Thank you!

Umbreon (SHINY TOO!!) @ Zoom Lens
    Lonely
    -Protect
    -Payback
    -Pursuit
    -Confuse Ray
    I don't even really need payback and protect. I mainly just confuse then pursuit when they are switching out. I've OHKO'd a gengar in this manner :P.

Mamswine @ Wide Lens
    Hardy
    -Stone Edge
    -Ice Fang
    -EQ
    -Light Screen
    Light screen is just a filler. EQ kills most, ice fang for flying types. Stone Edge for gyarados.

Rhyperior @ Wide Lens
    Bashful
    -EQ
    -Megahorn
    -Fire Fang
    -Poison Jab
    EQ for well, tons of stuff. Megahorn pwns psychic, I OHKO Latios and Latias. Fire Fang for grass types. Poison Jab...It's just there.

Sceptile @ Razor Claw (Love this one)
    Adamant
    -Dragon Claw
    -Night Slash
    -X-Scissor
    -Leaf Blade
    Physical attacker, fast, and covers tons of types.

Salamence @ Razor Claw
    Docile
    -Thunder Fang
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Fly
    I just have fly so that I can get around, and I used aerial ace already... Draco Meteor STAB is... 210 damage. Thunder Fang for Ice/Water types and Gyarados. Fire Blast for steel, which my team hates.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Bashful
    -Will-Oh-Wisp
    -Mean look
    -Shadow Punch
    -Ice Punch
    Mean look then will-o-wisp. Switch in sceptile/mamoswine sweep. Repeat. Ice Punch and Shadow punch are just so i have some offense.

So what do you think? Please, be gentle :P.

~KingOfClubs

Last edited:

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I don't think fly is a good choice for salamance becuase it gives your opponet a turn to boost stats if they want Theres alot more I could say but i'm too lazy to type and if you dont ev train and you want this team to participate in competitive not ev training is a definite con becuase others that did will rip you apart with there stat advantages.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I don't think fly is a good choice for salamance becuase it gives your opponet a turn to boost stats if they want Theres alot more I could say but i'm too lazy to type and if you dont ev train and you want this team to participate in competitive not ev training is a definite con becuase others that did will rip you apart with there stat advantages.

I'll finish up. Sorry, but the movesets is the biggest promblem.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Movesets and EV assistance is the reason this part of the forum exists. Not to just post teams and expect positive feedback w/o anything being change.

And if you don't fix that Mamoswine RIGHT now, I will smite you. >:o
    Oh, and by the way, Infernape ravages that team.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Sorry king, Iceman is 100% correct. For instance, that is a stupid moveset on Umbreon. No offense, of course, but to be blunt, that is necessary. Ubreon defenses are so high, Protect is useless. His offenses are so low, Payback is useless. And I told you, Pursuit/Confuse Ray combo fails, especially on Umbreon. It's just too weak. Rather, this:

Umbreon
    Toxic
    Baton Pass
    Mean Look
    Wish

He has the defenses to trap a poisoned foe, then pass Wish & Mean Look.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Tell me, what's the point of Zoom Lens on Umbreon? You have no moves with low accuracy, so it's really unnecessary. sims796 has given you the standard moveset that'll work fine, Yawn / Taunt could work over Toxic too. Also, Lonely nature isn't best for Umbreon, try Bold instead. Change Mamoswine's nature to Adamant. If you aren't contributing any speed EVs, Avalanche can work well, unless you care about Ice Fang's effect in freezing/flinching the opponent.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Pros of your team:
    Variety?

Cons:
    No defense
    Useless moves in most pokémons
    You don't wanting to change it, at all.

On the Umbreon discussion: Emobreon is nice too. Fake tears in place of Toxic works wonders. And if you're cheap, Double Team also works.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Curse is a wonderful move on Umbreon. She can also pass it onto a bulky Pokemon too.

Pros:
    : /

Cons:
    Considering your comment that you kill Lati@s you must not play in the competitive OU battling arena. If Umbreon killed a Gengar then that Gengar wasnt properly trained. : /

This team would be crushed by a decent EV trained team. Sorry but that is the truth.

KingOfClubs

Insert Cool Title *HERE*
    Years
    I meant i don't JUST want new movesets. I want an explanation. See what I mean? I want the movesets, but something else to go with them.

This has been my most largely misunderstood moment...

KingOfClubs

Insert Cool Title *HERE*
    Years
    Edit: I might change umbreon for Manectric. Moveset for him? (and I actually want one, to clear things up...)

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Salamence @ Life Orb
    Naughty Nature
    48 HP / 120 Atk / 220 Spd / 120 SAtk
    - Dragon claw
    - Fire blast
    -Earthquake or Stone edge
    -Hydro pump or dragon pulse I recommend you breeding with a Gyrados so you can get Hydro pump
    Mixed sweeper its also the current one I use and it's pretty good.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Here's my team. And I don't want just new movesets, if I did, i would have asked you to make me a team. I want you to tell me pros and cons of my team. I know the natures aren't great, but I made sure they aren't detrimental to what it's doing. I also really don't get EVs so, I'm not even going to try and post their EV spreads (I'll read up on it...) Thank you!

Mamswine @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Hp 129 Att 129 Sp.Def
    -Stone Edge
    -Ice Shard
    -EQ
    -Curse

name: Defensive Tank
    move 1: Earthquake
    move 2: Stone Edge
    move 3: Substitute
    move 4: Megahorn/Avalanche
    item: Leftovers
    ability: Solid Rock
    nature: Adamant/Impish
    evs: 252HP/6ATK/252DEF

name: Offensive Tank
    move 1: Earthquake
    move 2: Stone Edge
    move 3: Swords Dance
    move 4: Substitute/Megahorn
    item: Leftovers
    ability: Solid Rock
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 252HP/252ATK/6DEF

Copy and Pasted the Rhyperior sets from Smogon for you.

Sceptile@ Leftovers/Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    252 Att 252 Speed 6 Hp
    -Dragon Claw
    -Night Slash
    -X-Scissor
    -Leaf Blade

Salamence @ Choice Specs
    Modest/ Timid
    252 Sp.Att 252 Speed 6 Hp
    -Fire Blast
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hydro Pump
    -Dragon Pulse

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    252 Hp 252 Def or 252 Sp.Def 6 Att(depending on what wall you want it to be)
    Relaxed/Impish/Sassy/Careful
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Shadow Punch/Thunderpunch
    -Ice Punch

So what do you think? Please, be gentle :P.

~KingOfClubs

Changes are in RED

as the bold button doesnt work for some reason

Last edited:
    Back