• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Does No Guard Benefit Doublade?

Khrysamere

A Side Character
Years
  • From what I can tell most of his common movesets all use 100% Accuracy moves, So technically speaking his ability only serves to aiding your opponent hit you, correct? That's really unfortunate as his ability is the only thing deterring me from making an eviolite Doublade.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • From what I can tell most of his common movesets all use 100% Accuracy moves, So technically speaking his ability only serves to aiding your opponent hit you, correct? That's really unfortunate as his ability is the only thing deterring me from making an eviolite Doublade.

Not only the your accuracy is %100. The pokémon with No Guard ability;
    hits the target always except some situations such as Protect and type immunities,
    hits by all attacks from target. (That means your target's accuracy is %100 too),
    hits the target that has used Dig or fly or Dive or Shadow Force etc. on previous turn.

I think it's a great ability. Don't you think its cool? {XD}

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • I didn't know about the Dig, Shadow Force, and Fly Tidbit. However unless you're battling a really new player to competitive, the chances of your opponent knowing those moves are really small. (Plus it's usually really easy to predict who the opponent is gonna hit with Dig/Fly, so You can either switch to negate the damage or protect)

The only way I can see No Guard Eviolite Doublade working is against a minimize chansey, for example. Regardless in most cases by having No Guard on Doublade you are giving your opponent more of advantage as chances are they are running moves with low accuracy (Like Rock Slide, Heat Wave, or Draco Meteor)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • No Guard is a good ability and all, but it's wasted on something that doesn't learn useful inaccurate moves like Doublade. That, and Fly/Dig and similar moves are scarce, given how easily they're played around.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • My thoughts exactly. I hope Doublade's ability is taken into consideration for Sun and Moon so that they either increase his learnset so he learns some inaccurate powerful moves, or give him a hidden ability that would better compliment an eviolite Doublade...

Years
  • My thoughts exactly. I hope Doublade's ability is taken into consideration for Sun and Moon so that they either increase his learnset so he learns some inaccurate powerful moves, or give him a hidden ability that would better compliment an eviolite Doublade...

Don't get your hopes up there. The game makers don't really take competitive play into account when they're producing a new game. We just happen to get lucky sometimes.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • I heard that with the release of Sun and Moon they are being more considerate to Competitive play, especially because of how big of a deal VGC is. I mean just look at the Newly released Pokemon and their abilites. There are some really good abilites that stand out and look intimidating.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    What about Fury Cutter? I know it's not an amazing move but it will never lose its power increase by missing with Doublade having No Guard.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • Unfortunately, No Guard does not benefit Doublade at all. All it means for it is that Fire Blast and other high-powered special attacks with a chance to miss will always hit it.

That being said, Doublade was an excellent Pokemon in ORAS RU before it moved up in a tier shift a while ago, mostly due to its ability to set up on many of the tier's physical attackers. The UU and OU metagames - the latter in particular - are not kind to it, unfortunately.

Back