• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How does Xbox Live work?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I'm too lazy to find a website so i'll ask here.

When getting Xbox Live (for normal Xbox) do I pay monthly or just one pay?
    Also, How does the connection work? And if I were to play Halo how do I download maps?

(This is like an interview x])

It would be appreciated if someone could tell me.
    Thanks.

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    halo 1 or part 2 if your on part 1 thier is no xbox live support for it if your talking bout part 2 then your in luck but i really would get xbox live for it tho not to many ppl still play it and its veryyy laggy oh and you pay by witch every subscription you buy thier is a 1 month thier is a 2 month and a 12 month but im not sure where you can find codes for the OG xbox anymore sorry

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Considering the previous post was rather... meshed, I'll help you read it more clearly.

Halo: Combat Evolved did not have a multiplayer option, I believe.
    Halo 2, on the other hand, has multiplayer. Most people moved on to Halo 3 though.

I'm pretty sure some people still play the PC version, but you're asking about the original Xbox.

And, as for the Xbox Live membership cards for the Xbox, I don't think they make them anymore. You could try your local game store. Also you could try Xbox's marketplace (I'm not familiar with the original Xbox though).

I'd just suggest getting a Xbox 360, unless you can't/don't want to, and getting Halo 3, as the player population is well into the hundred-thousands.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I think i'll be getting 360, because I saw a deal where you can get it for 2 or 3 months and Halo 3 for $80.
    Thanks for telling me :).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    If you get a 360 and start a XBL Silver account it'll be upgraded to XBL Gold for one month (it's a one month trial).
    As for getting online, the 360 isn't Wi-Fi, so you'll have to run a cable from your router to the 360. And if you do want Wi-Fi you're going to have to dish out $100 for the Wi-Fi attachment.

The 360 is worth it, sure it might be pricey, but IMO if you're into shooters you can't go wrong with the 360.

Back