• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how fake are you?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    Let be real, everyone put on a mask.

When you are at home, you are not the same person when you are at work or with friends.

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
    Not everyone wears a mask, sometimes when I'm with friends I'm exactly like I am at home because my friend is like that too, I have a girl i've been friends with since 2007 that whenever i'm at her place we just veg out watching game of thrones and making mexican food.

Although I do see your point, I daresay people would say that i'm different outside of home than I am when i'm there, I probably act a lot bigger when i'm in town, as in being a lot louder and laughing more, when i'm at home i like to be quiet and lazy

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    It does more or less depend for me. I do tend to be different in each situation I'm in, but my anxiety for something is usually the exact same. I wouldn't really say it's because I'm fake though. I mean, I understand that some people pretend be something they aren't, yet it depends as I said above.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'm so fake at work I've developed a work laugh for the customers' stupid jokes, then I tell them to ♥♥♥♥ off under my breath as they're walking away.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    For me, most of the time when I'm out in public I tend to be an introvert. But the minute I'm at home or with a really close friend... or an anime convention, I become a really crazy person.

I dunno, I probably just can't relate to the topics that most people have. Plus, their first language (something) isn't my first language (English), so even in a conversation I still need to translate stuff in my head.

So yeah.

Years
    when im at home or with familiy im abit loud and everywhere else im very shy and barely say anything (unless someone asks something to me directly)

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I mostly act the same around everyone, though I do kind of change the way I say things and/or type. Also, if I don't like someone, a lot of the time, I act as if I do which I guess is a bit fake.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Still real, unfortunately. Considering plastic surgery for my breasts since they're neither perky nor impressive.

...wait, we're talking about how real we are mentally? Well, I guess I have a quiet side and a not quiet side. Both are very real parts of me, and different people are gonna draw out different aspects to me. It's still me, though.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Haha, so fake. I usually just pretend to be happy and content and put up a facade to show that. I usually am happy but never content.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    When I first meet people I'm pretty fake I guess because I feel uncomfortable.

Any other time I guess I differ a little bit with each person I know because it's a different history and comfort level between us. Then of course there's work. I can be fake sometimes there when dealing with customers because you have to be. I feel mostly myself with my coworkers, but I don't bring that much of my personal life into work to begin with.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I absolutely do not act the same around everyone. I am most myself when I'm around my friends. But even around my friends I wear a mask.

I'm 100% myself around two, maybe three people. That includes personality, sharing feelings, and all those other good things.

At home I pretty most of my personality and very rarely share how I'm feeling. I'm not sure why.

At work, after I'm comfortable around the people I work with, I usually let go a little, but there's still a lot of myself that I hold back from the people around me and don't share feelings. But I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that most of the people I work with are also my friends.

At school, I just go there and do what I have to. I don't really express myself at all, much less talk to anyone.

Video tape me in a car with my best friend and then video tape me in a car with my dad and you can tell how different I am around people.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    some level of fake-ness is mandatory with every social interaction, at least if you don't want to become a freakin pariah. it's not really socially acceptable to share your every feeling with everyone you come across. of course, I'm not saying you should totally not show any of your feelings, in fact, it's a good thing to do that but like, y'know, within reason.

it reminds me of one of the first scenes in American Psycho where Bateman is standing at a coat check (maybe I can't quite remember, something to that effect at least) and he fantasizes that he tells the coat check lady "you're a ♥♥♥♥ing ugly ♥♥♥♥♥. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood." of course, that's a giant exaggeration, the movie's a satire and it's played for laughs and hopefully no one actually thinks things like this but I feel as if it's somewhat relevant maybe....?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I have no masks. I am completely honest with everyone. I have told my true unadulterated feelings and thoughts to all of my friends and family. If I hate someone, they know it. If I love them, they know it. If I wish that every moment I was around someone that they would be dying a horrible agonizing death, I would tell them.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    I am exactly the same everywhere I go. And that me is crazy. Very little change in me. Well... the only time i'm different is when I get super-competitive against CPUs in video games. I am a maniac then.
    Excerpt of one-player Mario Kart game:
    "What are you doing, Diddy Kong? Get out of my face! You want some shell in yours? BAM! BOO-YAH! Take that, you stupid Diddy Kong!"

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    Let me be honest. We're not at a masquerade, I don't need a mask. I'm going to full out, full force, plain, frank, honest with you.

I'm more calm in public.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    if u smile when u meet a stranger, u already fake at some degreee

I don't know, I know a few people that are either so extroverted or so alive with optimism that seeing a stranger makes them genuinely happy so they smile.

That being said, I've done plenty of fake smiles. I'm a pretty socially anxious person and I've improved a lot in the past few years, but a lot of it is done by faking confidence and ease when I don't feel it until it becomes second nature and I become confident.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I put on different masks around different people. At work, since I interact with people all day, I have to be constantly happy and welcoming. When I'm around my parents, I'm shut up like a clam and use as few words as possible. I'm myself when I'm around good friends or by myself. I try to put on as few masks as possible.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    if u smile when u meet a stranger, u already fake at some degreee
    Why do you think that? Is there something wrong with smiling at people? What if you're smiling already just because you're happy and you smile at a friend?

Back