• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How far are you into Alola?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • Just defeated the Akala Island Kahuna with my All Grass team. My Tsareena Charlotte soloed the battle. Onto the next Island.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • W00, a fellow Seel fan!

I don't know if I'll use my eventual Seel (detoured in order to island scan Charmander) all the way through the game, as Dewgong does have lackluster stats. That being said, I intend to have mine for a long while!

Gonna Seel this deal! *does a cheesy 90's hero pose and gets UM started up*

When it comes to making in-game teams, I dont really care about stats unless they are unusable. Seel and Dewgong have thick fat, so they are actually pretty useful.

Years
  • I defeated the Totem Lurantis without any problems whatsoever. The only Pokémon that I used in that battle was my Dartrix. The only move Lurantis used against me was X-Scissor while I spent the first turn using Pluck. The Lurantis then sent out a Comfey and on the next turn, Lurantis used X-Scissor again, Comfey followed up using Sunny Day and I used Supersonic Skystrike to defeat the Lurantis. Comfey was easier to deal with since the only move it used was Flower Shield which only boosted my Dartrix's defense. As of right now I am at Konikoni City doing the Ditto Five quest.

Years
  • How far are you into Alola?

Beat Lana's Trial in my Pokémon Ultra Moon game. I didn't expect that Pokémon to be the Totem at all.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Last milestone was beating the water trial, now, I'm stuck looking for a Thick Fat Seel. It appears Seel in Alola don't like donuts or cake or ice cream...

This is the third time I struggle to obtain a team member, hoping it's the last. Without these issues, I'd probably be way farther cx

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Just finished that INTENSE Legendary battle. I lost like 7 times before I decided to go back and do some level-grinding.

(I'm trying not to post too many details so that I don't spoil anything.)

Last edited:

denkou

Denkou
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2017
    Haven't had much time since it came out, but since it's thanksgiving break now I've got time to spare. I just got to Poni Island. It's going pretty well, I'd say.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm on the third Island with my All - Grass Team.

In an impressive display worthy of the anime my Lilligant soloed (Minor spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • I am now level grinding my Team to prepare for the boss on Akala for the Island Challenge. Totem Morowak kicked my Littens butt, and I still don't have evilite so I need to get my litten to at least 33-35 or so. Also, I need to wait until tomorrow around 5-5:59 to play anymore so I can level up my rockruff to level 25 to get the Dusk form of lycanrock.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I must be the only one whom find the notable NPCs weaker but the common NPCs are stronger.

I completed everything and have collected all my Z Crystals so I am at the Ultra Wormhole everyday now. Thus far have caught 3 UBs and 7 legendary.

I am now level grinding my Team to prepare for the boss on Akala for the Island Challenge. Totem Morowak kicked my Littens butt, and I still don't have evilite so I need to get my litten to at least 33-35 or so. Also, I need to wait until tomorrow around 5-5:59 to play anymore so I can level up my rockruff to level 25 to get the Dusk form of lycanrock.

The time was really stupid and I aren't and won't wake up at that timing to do that so I changed my DS timing for it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    I've taken my time. I had a habit of leaving the game on and going off to do stuff. I'm just up to Sophocles' trial now. I like to explore after I get Lapras and Tauros etc so I go back to old areas.

I'm pretty pleased with my levels right now, not over-levelled but certainly not making things overly difficult. Yet.

I'm catching pretty much everything I encounter which is quite rare for me, but the EXP helps and also good for trading and poke pelago etc. Being provided with Quick Balls etc has definitely helped. Using Dusk balls as its evening here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I had a busy work week so I only have 9 hours logged.

I'm taking my time and trying to catch lots of pokemon, so I've only made it to the second island.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I'm on Poni Island and just got Machamp Shove so I'm doing a bit of backtracking for those good TMs. Finally got a hold of a Dusk Stone too so I finally evolved my Murkrow. I'll just say the Ultra Recon Squad has been a disappointment so far. They seem awkwardly inserted into the game to me. They do have a sweet battle theme though, lol!

Back