• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How far will Ash go?

How far will Ash go in the Kalos League?

• Out in the preliminaries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top 16

• Top 8

• Total voters

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
  • Since the anime is now well over halfway through the gyms in Kalos, I'm beginning to think ahead in the show. Specifically about the Kalos region championship league. My question is how far do you think Ash will make it this time around?

I feel it is time for the producers to actually have Ash do well in the league, similar to how Sinnoh was done. Have some growth in his league experience and vault him all the way to final 2 and finish as runner-up, that way it could be a good lead-in to the next series and region as extra motivation for Ash. I'm tired of him always losing around the quarterfinals, thus why i loved the Sinnoh series so much.

I also believe he has a great team right now with some serious potential that make me feel hopeful for my prediction. My personal hope is that he leaves Noibat at Oak's place and catches a fairy or psychic type and then brings back Sceptile. I feel that would give him the best chance to succeed as it would bring solid balance to the team with no major holes, maybe use Charizard, Noibat or some other Pokemon in a rotation.

Just think it is time for Ash to make some headway in the League. Top 2 here we come!

Guest123_x1

As much as I want Ash to finally be able to win a main series league, I fully expect that he'll only make it into the Top 16.

pkmin3033

Ash is probably going to get curbstomped by someone with a Mega Evolved Pokemon this go around...I'd say Top 8 or maybe even Top 4, he deserves to do a little better this time around than he did in Unova. The day he actually wins a League will probably mark the end of the anime (and even then I'd expect him to lose for one of those annoying "and the journey continues!" endings) so I can't see that happening...unfortunately.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As they get closer to the end, I feel that the 7th generation will be the last generation for Ash. They might have a filler arc about him becoming champion, meeting his dad, and defeating team rocket for good.

I am going to say Top 2 and Win next generation.

Years
  • Top 8 since its the writers' favorite placing with him as it seems.

It's only happened twice so far, in Hoenn and Unova. But you know, given the huge winning streak he's had this series which I mainly blame on a lack of a competent rival, I feel like he may get to Top 2 or even worse, win the league. If the writers are planning a reboot with 7th Gen anime then I'd see an Ash win coming.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    It's only happened twice so far, in Hoenn and Unova. But you know, given the huge winning streak he's had this series which I mainly blame on a lack of a competent rival, I feel like he may get to Top 2 or even worse, win the league. If the writers are planning a reboot with 7th Gen anime then I'd see an Ash win coming.

Johto says hello

Years
  • Johto says hello

I forgot about Johto... haven't watched a Johto episode in years now so my memory regarding that region is all cloudy and everything. But I recall how much negative reaction he got when he lost in Unova League, thanks to a Deus Ex Machina on Cameron's end.

I just hope no-one in Kalos has to resort to a DEM just to win the league. It's too cheap and draws nothing but negative attention.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    I forgot about Johto... haven't watched a Johto episode in years now so my memory regarding that region is all cloudy and everything. But I recall how much negative reaction he got when he lost in Unova League, thanks to a Deus Ex Machina on Cameron's end.

I just hope no-one in Kalos has to resort to a DEM just to win the league. It's too cheap and draws nothing but negative attention.

All cool will be lost if Shota comes and beats Ash at the league. As much as we've seen, he was 5 badges behind and got destroyed by Ash twice. If mega sceptile is what puts him over the top, I'll be complaining almost as much as I did about cameron. I can stomach Tierno beating Ash, we've seen him give Ash trouble, has a unique battling style, and has at least been in the series for the long haul.

Years
  • All cool will be lost if Shota comes and beats Ash at the league. As much as we've seen, he was 5 badges behind and got destroyed by Ash twice. If mega sceptile is what puts him over the top, I'll be complaining almost as much as I did about cameron. I can stomach Tierno beating Ash, we've seen him give Ash trouble, has a unique battling style, and has at least been in the series for the long haul.

Out of Tierno or Sawyer, if one of those two were to beat Ash in the league I agree with you. I'd rather it be Tierno than Sawyer because let's face it, Mega Sceptile in itself is a DEM and the fandom will be slamming it just as much as Cameron's Riolu evolving and then basically became too unstoppable for Ash.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Oh gosh, if there is another Cameron incident, I will throw my computer at a wall! lol That was just silly how that episode and season ended up. Was definitely not okay in my book.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Out of Tierno or Sawyer, if one of those two were to beat Ash in the league I agree with you. I'd rather it be Tierno than Sawyer because let's face it, Mega Sceptile in itself is a DEM and the fandom will be slamming it just as much as Cameron's Riolu evolving and then basically became too unstoppable for Ash.

I won't mind Shota getting mega sceptile as long as Ash briskly dismisses him in the league.

Years
  • I won't mind Shota getting mega sceptile as long as Ash briskly dismisses him in the league.

The fact Ash has three Flying-types on his team at the same time (plus the heavy speculation Noibat may evolve) means he will probably get an edge on Sceptile, especially if he uses the god bird aka Talonflame.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    The fact Ash has three Flying-types on his team at the same time (plus the heavy speculation Noibat may evolve) means he will probably get an edge on Sceptile, especially if he uses the god bird aka Talonflame.

Yeah, hopefully it won't be a problem. He's shown he can at least handle a mega, being Korrina's lucario, but you never know what the writers might pull.

Back