• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast can a DS Screen Mess Up?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I have been playing Diamond for 470 hours and i did half of that in the past two months. My top sceen was working find when the summer started, but in a couple of months it has gotten much worse. the color fadded and everything is pen-striped. last night it was all green black and had a shadow.

Can all this happen from over use? Should I buy a new one, or fix it myself? Can i take it to someplace to get it fixed?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its not over use. I have ore hours than that and mine is from 2005. It must be a bug.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
    You should call the Nintendo Customer service and see if you can get it repaired, they will be happy to assit you. You can visit www.nintendo.com. They also have online customer support I presume.

Anyway this has nothing to do with Pokemon Diamond /Pearl/Platinum. Infact this has nothing to do with pokemon. You can try posting this in https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54 .

Furthermore I am sorry to hear your problem. But please do note that you call Nintendo.

:16:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, I was just thinking that this should either be moved or locked. But thats your best bet, caling the company.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    This does need to moved I assume also. You should contact customer support at www.nintendo.com as somebody else said. If you can find your game manual you can also call customer support.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    If we're talking about the bottom screen, that thing can mess up about as quickly as a playthrough of Elite Beat Agents. One of the reasons I had to abandon my old tank. :(

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Exactly when did you get your DS out of curiosity?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    This would get more help in the Computer/Technology discussion.

*moves*

And guys, please refrain from mini-modding; if a thread needs to be moved, then it will be. Simply use the report button.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    If we're talking about the bottom screen, that thing can mess up about as quickly as a playthrough of Elite Beat Agents. One of the reasons I had to abandon my old tank. :(

Hmm, my DS screen is as tough as a brick. I play Taiko no Tatsujin regularly and it's entirely fine.

If it's the top screen however, you may just wish to buy a new screen and replace it.

Years
    It would cause more trouble than just ging and buying a new one, you could also see if leaving for say a week with no use miht fix something, or maybe run it completely flat then fully recharge it..

Just some suggies..

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    My bottom screen is so dirty, i have never had a problem with it "breaking" i guess it sort of blanks out every now and then, only a few times though xD

Back