• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast can you type

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've never bothered with the various tests one can find on the internet, but I can write posts like this in under a minute. I can touch-type pretty fast as well, but I'm nowhere near as fast as I can type when I'm looking at the keyboard.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I type from 80 ~ 100ish WPM. I always screw up on typing tests because of the pressure or something, haha. I wish they'd work on things like posts where I know what I plan to write and don't need to type strange words that never come up otherwise, haha. But yeah, I'm like Sammi and people sometimes gawk at how fast I type even though I never really thought I was a fast typist by any means. :[

I can touch-type, too. I suppose I use my peripheral vision to make sure my hands aren't, you know, ridiculously off home row but otherwise I don't look at the keyboard. :D

I can type very fast I guess.
    Over 400 words per minute. But I don't write that fast all the time, only on MSN for example.
    Lol, either those are very short words, you make a lot of mistakes, or you're overestimating just a tad. :P 400 WPM, as far as I remember, is something like the typical speed people read at.

Years
    Lol, either those are very short words, you make a lot of mistakes, or you're overestimating just a tad. :P 400 WPM, as far as I remember, is something like the typical speed people read at.

Well, to come to think of it you're right... I mistook word for character :p
    I meant 400 characters not words lol ^^"
    I dunno how many words that would be though..

Years
    So... I just took a type-test online, and I'm down to 50 WPM. @_@;; So never mind my previous post; I'm really slow. :<

Back