• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast is your net?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • I want to know, how fast your internet can do, download speed and upload speed-wise, and do you wish you have a more faster net?

As for myself, my internet's speed is quite alright, as shown here:
    How fast is your net?

Oh, if you have no idea how to check your internet speed, you can go to this site: https://www.speedtest.net/

pkmin3033

D-? Unsurprising. Our area is one of the few in this county that doesn't have fibre optic cables yet, because the council won't spring for it and not enough people are kicking up a fuss about it. Our speed is also affected by the weather and how much it's been used recently...and, since it's been raining the last few days and I downloaded a 15GB game onto my PS3 a couple of days ago, that miiiight not be the best indicator of its usual speed. xD

For consoles it's absolutely intolerable most of the time, but I can usually download what I want on my laptop within a good amount of time. Doesn't change the fact that it's bloody awful and we could really use those fibre optic cables, though...

Last edited:
    Years
  • How fast is your net?

Brutal ping time, but that's not surprising given that we're on a cable provider and that it's game time for the Vikings. The download speeds are pretty low given what we pay to have access to, but that's probably due to it being game time again as well. Oh, and we've got several PCs connected right now.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    How fast is your net?

Faster than the majority of internet speeds in my country, apparently. I'm really, really happy with this speed though--anything slower than this and I start complaining haha.

Years
  • These are probably not the best results for my home internet, because this is on WiFi, which is rather unstable when farther away from the router.

How fast is your net?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Here's my school's Wi-Fi, about two rooms away from an access point:

How fast is your net?

Huh, I guess I was wrong about the library's speeds, at least with the upload rate. Eww.

How fast is your net?

Unfortunately, I don't have my own internet service to benchmark, hence the public access points. :/

Last edited:
    Years
  • How fast is your net?

This has more or less been the same speed I've had for the last couple of years, with small changes depending on if I'm using a wired connection or my wi-fi. I'm moving next week though, so hopefully my connection will be a little bit faster once I get there.

Years
  • How fast is your net?

I know this is a double post- don't kill me Zach :x

My download speed at this place isn't really what I was hoping for, though I'm surprised my ping/upload have basically remained the same. I am getting internet for free though, so I guess I have no right to complain.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    How fast is your net?

Lets me stream games with great quality so no complaints.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • How fast is your net?

I live with my grandparents, and it's surprising enough that they're willing to pay for Internet, so I'm not gonna complain.

Years
  • 56 up and 63 down is making me green with envy.

Here's mine during Tuesday primetime viewing:

How fast is your net?

Nothing to sneeze at, especially during primetime on a cable provider, but still not at the maximum possible speed we can get per our contract.

Years
  • How fast is your net?

Nothing to sneeze at, especially during primetime on a cable provider, but still not at the maximum possible speed we can get per our contract.
    I'm sneezing at the fact that your upload speed is on par with your download speed. Not many cable ISPs are cabable enough to provide speeds like that. :P

Do you have a dedicated bandwidth line to your house to get speeds on par like that?

Back