• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast is your net?

Years
  • I'm sneezing at the fact that your upload speed is on par with your download speed. Not many cable ISPs are cabable enough to provide speeds like that. :P

Do you have a dedicated bandwidth line to your house to get speeds on par like that?

Nope. Just to our provider's right of way utility cabinets like everyone else. We just pay for more than most do. We pay to get up to 50 Mbps.

Years
  • How fast is your net?

Not very nice. Could be a lot worse though.

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • How fast is your net?

This is why I hate the internet connection here. :|

Might test my campus' speed as well as my home's speed later.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • How fast is your net?

I have a love-hate relationship with TWC. It's awesome internet and their customer service is pretty cool, but the random outages really throw me off.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I almost wanna know what some of you guys are paying for these connections but at the same time I don't, because it would probably just make me even more envious. @_@

How fast is your net?

We recently changed our plan to one with slightly higher download and it had 5x the upload as our old one, so I'm pretty content right now. I wish upload speeds weren't completely neglected here, though. I've NEVER had anything even remotely decent across all my ISPs. :\

Google Fibre is partially run out of my city and yet they can't/won't install it here wtf. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    How fast is your net?

Broadband over here is slow compared to a lot of other developed countries, but I'm fine with this.

Years
  • How fast is your net?

Faster than 59% of the US? Considering how slow as molasses this thing has been recently, that does surprise me. Although i'm at my parents' house now, so things might be different here than they were at college for me.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • How fast is your net?

I'm so glad my family dumped TWC and got Google Fiber. TWC keeps trying to win us back but nah.

I'm so jelly. I live in the Kansas City Metro, and Google Fiber signups have happened in my neighborhood, but I live in an apartment complex, and there's no telling if I'll ever get it without moving. (That's a very tempting thought too)

This is my work connection 20 up and down, dedicated fiber line to the building. Disappointing that my cable ISP at home has shorter ping times than TWC Fiber to building.
    How fast is your net?

EDIT: Home connection
    How fast is your net?

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • How fast is your net?

This is why I hate the internet connection here. :|

How fast is your net?

This is my home's WiFi connection. Comparing to the internet over there, the upload speed here is terrible. Then again, I rarely upload stuff. It was a hassle when I had to upload a video on youtube for an assignment though. I seriously hate teachers who do that. Not everyone has a good connection to upload stuff after all.

But hey, download speed and ping is twice faster.

Campus' WiFi will probably be next... sometime in the future.

Back