• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how good are you at saving money?

Years
  • how good are you at saving? does your money after important expenses disappear quickly, or do you always make sure to keep some saved for the future? do you consider yourself more of a saver or spender? are there certain luxuries you set money aside for, such as merchandise or video games?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ehhhh I'm terrified of the responsibility of owning money so I seldom spend it on myself.. but I love to be charitable and buy things for other people so I guess that evens it out?? I dunno, I think I'm like a 7/10 on saving.

Years
  • i'm like a 7.5-8/10 on saving money. i really hate spending it, and only spend it if i REALLY have to on necessities and dont spoil myself too often.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    What's weird is, the more money I have the more likely I am to save it, but after bills and stuff sometimes I go into this see-saw where I reach a point after bills where that goes out the window and I spend rather recklessly.

Years
  • Despite what my reckless abandon during Steam sales would have you believe, I am actually really good at budgeting and saving money. You kind of have to be when your household together make about minimum wage.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm very low maintenance so every month I make more than I can spend, even when I eat out at least once per week and don't refrain from buying games, magazines and books aplenty. So I have built a decent portfolio of investments by now, worth about one year's worth of salary. Hardly worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things, but hey, better than nothing.

Years
  • I try not to spend on anything I don't really need, which I have made the mistake of doing many times and I do regret it, even if it was a small expense.

pkmin3033

I have a separate savings account, and once money goes in there I don't generally touch it. But I probably (read: definitely) do not put as much in there as I should. I tend to have modest savings targets for the year I meet, then I do whatever I please with the rest.

Years
  • I'm quite decent at saving money, like I wont go and blow it on random stuff all the time and always have things to save for, or just consider putting money away for the good of it. I have a savings account with a decent amount of money in atm and I definitely won't touch it, but that is mainly for my Florida trip next year (if that even happens now haha)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Okay. I think I have done better now that I know I'm on my own so I have to watch my money.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Depends.
    I'm really bad with it between the periods of Summer and Winter. Sounds weird, but I tend to spend more because of people's birthdays or events set then.
    It kind of forces me to pay out, but I kind of think I'm bad at saving it too. There's so much cool stuff that tempts me online into buying it.
    I am trying my best to resist and save for more important things.

Years
  • I'm no good. If it comes to spending I'm too good.

I could only save for 3 weeks.. For some reason I get this urge to buy what I want!

Spoiler:

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I had 1 penny in my savings account for so long that it became 2 pennies from interest.

Years
  • I'm impatient. I may be able to handle saving a portion of my salary each payday for ~3 months or so before I fall in love with something expensive and just blow all my money on it.

I'm opening a new bank account soon though, that I vow not to touch. It will solely be a money in, nothing out account. Might be able to help me control myself.

Back