• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How hard/easy is catching legendaries to you?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • It actually was pretty easy to catch the Musketter trio. It took Virizion two tries, Terrakion like 4, but Cobalion was the most annoying.

Reshiram was obviously easy, and actually I remember I caught Kyurem with a Pokeball in 5-10 tries.

But Tornadus is just... it was a pain to catch. Landorus was a bit easier but still.

Victini was the easiest. :3

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • The only Legendary I didn't have problems with in these games was Victini, which I caught with a Great Ball, of all things...but legendaries in general hate me with a passion, for some obscure reason I've yet to figure out.

I wasted thirty-seven Dusk Balls on Reshiram and I STILL couldn't catch the bugger, despite whittling its health down to mere pixels and putting it to sleep infrequently...I give the game to my mother, and she catches it with the first ball. After that little fiasco I ended up trading for some Masterballs online and catching the rest with those. I dislike it when my game decides to hate me ._.

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • Which Legendary was hard to you?
    Virizion
    Which Legendary was easy to you?
    Terrakion
    How many Balls did you wasted at the hard legendary Pkmn?
    I'd say about 12, but then I restarted the game and just wasted six.
    How many Balls did you wasted at the easy legandary Pkmn? And which ball?
    None, used Dusk Balls.

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • I was able to catch 2 of the "Musketeer" trio in less than 25 dusk balls.
    The one in Mistralton Cave - 10 Dusk Balls
    The one in Victory Road - 5-12 Dusk Balls

Onyx_X

The Onyx Knight
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    The only one I had trouble with was Zekrom. I couldn't get it in a Pokeball. I make it a point to catch every legendary I can in a Pokeball, even if I have to reset all night.
    I use the Masterball on the ones that flee (usually) if I miss it the first time/ have a Pokemon incapable of weakening it up front when the encounter occurs.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Mega easy for me. Critical captures break the stall if you get bad luck and the roaming genie was easily nabbed by a spider web. I have still got both master balls from both my games and wondering if I will ever use them. I did enjoy knocking out Reshiram a few times before catching it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    They've been suprisingly easy if you ask me. I caught Reshiram in my Black restart with one Ultra Ball yesterday, I was shocked but not at all happy, it was way too easy...

The same goes for the others really too, very easy.

Years
  • Which Legendary was hard to you?
    Kyurem

Zekrom

Probably Around 3 or 4. I was restarting the game every time I ran out of Pokéballs, and I ended up catching him pretty easily on my 20th restart.

I think it was just like, my second ultra ball.

However, I've restarted the entire game. I kept all my legendaries, so that I could trade them away. At least I know what to expect now. I also kept that Masterball I never ended up using.

I would trade it to those people on the GTS, but they only want level 1-9 Zekroms, chortle.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    Which Legendary was hard to you?

Kyurem and Cobalion.

Every other Legendary. Reshiram especially.

On Kyurem, I ended up using about 70 Dusk Balls, and 35 Ultra Balls on Cobalion.

I wanted to catch Reshiram in a normal Pokéball, which took about 5 minutes due to a lucky Critical Capture. The others took a few hits from one of my Pokémon, and a couple of Great/Ultra Balls.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i actually caught cobalion in a poke ball, which surprised me because it was just a wild throw in the dark and i didn't expect much when i used the poke ball.

tornadus gave me the most trouble because it kept fleeing, so i imported my wobbufet with shadow tag so that it couldn't flee =)

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    I don't like catching legends as I hardly play games without challenges,but when I do catch one it's easy ^^

grovyle802

Great at pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011

Cobalion

Zekrom

about 45 ultra balls, 15 great balls, and 10 pokeballs

1 master ball

cobalion

zekrom

about 45 ultra balls, 15 great balls, and 10 pokeballs

1 master ball

Last edited:
    Years
  • Honestly, people under estimate the TIMER BALLS, they worked GREAT with all the legendaries, I only used my master ball with the trios that wonder around in Pokemon Black and White, the genie looking ones. It saved me the hastle of finding a pokemon that used Mean Look and making sure it didnt get away or I kill it by accident. I think saving the Master Ball for them is best.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I never had trouble in catching any of these... If I do recall, Terrakion was hardest for me, even though it has slightly greater catch rate than many of the legendaries.

Metang/Metagross also deserves a mention in this thread (and catching them were uber hard, though not as hard as some other legendaries that gave me trouble), because even though they're not legendaries, they also have same catch rate as many other legendaries with catch rate of 3.

Back