• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Hard Have You (or your family) been hit by the Economic Default?

Years
  • Question is very simple.
    My Dad has actually been doing better, getting more raises and more money in his bonus checks, very surprisingly. However, my Mom has been unemployed for about 16 Months. Despite this, my family is doing alright.
    So how about you?

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • My family are no better or worse off- but I myself have lost a job due to the company I worked for going into administration and therefore rendering me redundant. I haven't worked since, but there's nothing out there that appeals to me...

RainDogg54

Crown of Love
    Years
  • My family has been somewhat affected. My dad's an RV salesman and business hasn't been so great ever since the economy tanked. We've had to cut back on a few things to get by but luckily we still have internet :)

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • Because of the credit crunch, my dad lost 40% of his company :/
    But he got back on his feet and gained 30% :)
    So he's doing alright

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • We haven't been hit that bad. We've had to make a few small cutbacks in luxuries, but overall, we're doing quite well.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've been hit rather hard. I spent nearly three months unemployed earlier this year and eventually had to settle for a low-paying part-time job...all the while my college coursework is being put on hold because I still can't afford another semester...

*sigh*

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Well my mom isn't getting as much tips as much as she always had, but my dad is doing just fine so I say we haven't been hit too hard.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    We're doing alright, I guess. My mom lost her job sometime last year so that didn't help, and her current job is only about three times a month. :/ My dad's having a hard time paying the bills, but he's managed to keep his job.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I've gotten to the point where when homeless people ask me for money, I just tell them I'm an unemployed college student, and they start giving me money.

It's pretty sweet.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Well...My Family are S-L-O-W-L-Y Falling into Debt. My dad is a butcher and my mum is an unemployed Housewife. But my dad's Wages should keep us going, if not. We're doomed!!!!!!!!!

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Not particularly hard, actually... even if my mom does end up losing her job, she'll still end up getting paid for 36 weeks or something like that. And my dad is too high up by now to really be laid off. My parents keep reminding my sister and I just how lucky we are to not really feel the slump as much as others do.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, we had to sell our house and move into a much smaller, 1960's vintage house where everyone's cramped and everything's either filthy or falling apart. You do the math.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    my mom's dead, the state is investigating my sister and giving her so many court dates she can't hold a steady job, my dad's company seriously cut down his overtime, and I was recently fired, got like 50 applications out and no one's called :/
    We have had to cut back a bit but we seem to be doing alright. my dad complains about money left and right so I yelled at him tonight to shut up, grow up and get over it." His response was "you get over it". yea dad. real mature.

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • Geez! I feel so bad for everyone. Here in Brazil we haven't been hit at all, and some say our economy is even somewhat still improving. We're paying for my college and the car we just bought this year, and still better than ever even though my dad works for a transnacional.
    I'm delaying my US Work Experience though.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Nope I haven't got hit at all. I recent got my raise back in August. So I am making a lot of what I used to when I was part-time. Being a full-timer working the same grocery store for ten years pays off. :3 And my family are doing fine. I don't think it effected them too much. Well my brother lost his job, and was unemployed for about five months. But now he got another job, and this one pays better than the one he had. So yeah we are doing great. ^_^

Back