• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How have you kept busy?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    How is everyone keeping busy until Pokebank comes out? Me personally, ive been playing some white 2 to complete the pokedex so i can get the Shiny Haxorus, along with trying to get a mesuda methos shiny kabuto in my Y game. What has everyone else been doing?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've mainly been doing my Rock monotype challenge on Platinum and playing lots of Disgaea D2.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I must be the only one who enjoys the side parts of the game! Admittedly I haven't played Pokemon since Gen 3 so a lot of the stuff that other people have been doing consistently with each gen I haven't had a chance to do in years, but I got the game Oct 18 and between the Wonder Trade and GTS and getting to the breeding section I haven't even gotten to the second gym yet, but have 232 pokemon in my Pokedex and am having the most fun time just trying to get people to trade with me to get the pokemon I already have with their hidden abilities or getting as many safari pokemon as I can.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Collecting pokemon in x for a new game i'm starting in y, odds are i'll get a 2ds before the bank finally shows

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    I haven't.

I've ditched Pokemon Y, mainly because there's nothing to do post-game. When Pokemon Bank does eventually roll around...I don't think I'll pick it up again, unfortunately. :c

Years
    A friend of mine got Pokemon X and a 3DS for Christmas so I'm preparing a team to battle with. I also challenge the Le Wow for money and XP and the Battle Maison for BP.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    I spend my time breeding 5-6IV pokemon and create a team based on a specific theme to challenge the elite four. At other time, I also try out the masuda method but no luck so far.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm having a go at completing the PokeDex without Bank. Although Bank would be extremely helpful, given the amount of Pokemon available, and the amount of time we're being given (lolol), I think I can do it before Bank comes out.

Years
    Playing games on steam and leveling up my x Pokemon transfer over last night intl i get the rest of my party from bank.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Catching everything I can in Black 2 that is unavailable in XY. All female and in Premier Balls too for breeding in Y. Then I breed in Y or train random Pokémon, EV train and level after that's finished. Try collecting the rest of the HA Safari Females in Premier Balls.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Breeding for shinies (haven't gotten one yet in gen 6.) and creating/training Pokémon.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I recently completed the National Dex, something I haven't really accomplished since Crystal. I've been breeding since a week after XY released.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I was so hyped about the Pokebank that I got my Black 2 pokemon game all ready to transfer, but then when Nintendo pulled the Pokebank, I got a bit discouraged from playing Pokemon... but what really put the nail in the coffin is when I went to do Battle Spot on Pokemon X (my daily ritual) >.> I started going against OVERPOWERED Japanese teams with Uber legendaries such as Arceus, Darkrai, etc.. who were able to 1 Hit-KO extreme speed even legendary X available Pokemon such as Xerneas, Mewtwo, Zygarde, etc... or they'd have Darkrai use cheap (banned in competition) moves like Dark Void and put my whole team to sleep in triple battles..

So from ~December 27th to literally less than 1 week ago, I did not touch Pokemon at all..

I did get back in to battling again and did some slight team modding (and breeding) and came up with strategies that now, even with my X & Y team, I am able to deal with most previous generation Pokemon and legendaries.

However as for Black 2.. I haven't touched it since the day after Xmas.

As of today, I decided to start completing my X&Y Pokedex.. I already seen all the Kalos pokemon that Professor Sycamore game me the Oval Charm key item, but now I just gotta catch 'em all to satisfy the Game Director.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    breeding and training some mons so I won't have a single team with me.
    searching for shinies.
    contemplating whether buying a B2/W2 is worth it or not.
    helping out a few pipz in the quick trade thread.
    looking for someone who can give me dex entries of event pkmn.
    trading and battling with my friends.

ya know, the usual~ :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I've just started breeding and playing in wifi battles even tho I stink. I also have both versions and I just play thru my x version and keep restarting it.

I've grown tired of that too lately and I've started a new save file on my Japanese Pearl and Japanese Soulsilver.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Breeding and Battle Maison. I'm not quite bored yet. I want to breed perfects of every pokemon I've trained in the past games. I might not even pokebank my old battlers before, so that I can still play against friends who don't own XY.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    At the moment I'm trying to finish and complete all Pokedexs on every Pokemon game from Gen III onward. I have all the games and means to do so (using link cables, second DS', etc.). I won't be able to get the old event legends but luckily they don't count towards Pokedex completion!

I just need to finish Ruby, LeafGreen and three copies of Emerald (Johto starters) to finally begin trading and evolving, which in my opinion is the most enjoyable part.
    When PokeBank eventually comes around, I'll be able to complete the Dex in Gen VI.
    I wonder what I'll do with Pokemon though once all is said and done, probably just fight at the battle Maison I guess...

Back