• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How honest is the GTS?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    That Ditto is obviously a scam. But don't worry, you're not the only one who almost fell for it. A lot of people actually fall for the most obvious "lies". I tested that once and put an "egg moves" Ditto for Bambi. Yeah...it passed and I got myself a Xerneas. I don't feel bad though. If someone traded his Xerneas for an "egg move" Ditto, it's his own fault. What's next, people giving legendaries for Protean Mudkips?

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh my God, if that was a few days ago then I saw that. Good to know you were just trolling it, I thought somebody actually though you could give Ditto egg moves.

Years
    Lol at thread title.
    If it says 6IV or 6V it probably has a horrrible nature and has 2 IVs at best if it is available in the safari and lv30.
    I would only recommended using gts for filling up the dex or getting stuff to breed.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    That Ditto is obviously a scam. But don't worry, you're not the only one who almost fell for it. A lot of people actually fall for the most obvious "lies". I tested that once and put an "egg moves" Ditto for Bambi. Yeah...it passed and I got myself a Xerneas. I don't feel bad though. If someone traded his Xerneas for an "egg move" Ditto, it's his own fault. What's next, people giving legendaries for Protean Mudkips?

As I read this earlier, I didn't believe you. Nobody would be that stupid or naive, so I decided to test it out myself. I deposited a lvl.1 magikarp I had sitting around in my PC with nothing spectacular about it...I don't even remember obtaining it through wonder trade. I advertised it as "6IV Adamant + HA" and asked for a Xerneas in return. I then decided to wait 24 hours before retrieving it.

I checked in 2 hours later and it had already been traded away. I feel kinda bad for the poor sucker that got my magikarp. I'm probably gonna put this Xerneas back in and ask for a magikarp in return. :P

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    HAHAHAHAHAHA oh my God, if that was a few days ago then I saw that. Good to know you were just trolling it, I thought somebody actually though you could give Ditto egg moves.
    No, I did this a month ago. But people really fall for the most obvious tricks. I don't even feel bad for them if they fall for stuff like "Ditto egg moves". Now, 5IV Ditto would be more believable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd say it's in-between. I've gotten Staraptor and Metagross from GTS, and they both seemed to be okay; their IVs and natures were pretty decent. Did hear a lot of people complain about winding-up with hacked Pokémon, though, so… yeah. Anyway, it's all right to grab a few Pokémon from there there every once in a while. If you're planning to do this regularly, then you'd be better off setting-up your trades on message boards, as they're more reliable and trustworthy. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I got a shiny Regice (one of my biggest wants for years) for a shiny Zorua on GTS. I'm really surprised, because I wasn't expecting a shiny for my shiny. I just wanted Regice, as it's one of my favorite legendaries, and I ended up getting it shiny. It was my 6th shiny of the day too, so I'm very please with this.

GTS has been kind to me this gen, but this was the best thing that's happened I'd say. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2014
    Well a got scammed off the GTS once someone was asking for a Reshiram... People are stupid enough to put pokemon on GTS and asking for event legends even though they know pretty well that event pokemon like Arceus and mew can't be traded over GTS!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well a got scammed off the GTS once someone was asking for a Reshiram... People are stupid enough to put pokemon on GTS and asking for event legends even though they know pretty well that event pokemon like Arceus and mew can't be traded over GTS!

How were you scammed? And how do they know that event pokemon can't be traded over the GTS? *I* didn't know what pokemon can and can't be traded over the GTS, that's why I made a post about it in the Quick Q&A thread, so LOTS of other people wouldn't necessarily know too.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I don't look for competitive breeding stock on the GTS, but I have got some very good 3-5 IV;d Pokemon from it.

I mainly go on the GTS to fill my dex/ look for cheap shinies. I obtained all the legends including a Shiny Uxie & Thundurus, and found a Shiny Porygon, Magmortar and Espeon. Sure they might not be 100% legit but I always make sure to tell people if I decide to trade mons off the GTS where I got them.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    People must trust GTS to some degree as I've had a ****load of Kyurem for my extra 5IV Absols. For some reason people will throw Kyurem at you for a 5IV Adamant Absol with egg moves, but not other legends. So I just keep getting Kyurems, levelling to 100 via daycare/,Lumiose and keeping the best Atk (black splice) and SpAtk (white splice) for myself. Gradually filling the dex by GTSing my spares.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    GTS had gotten less reliable due to the pokebank release, I got myself a lvl 37 Ho-oh that came from the Hoenn region. I was immediately suspicious about it and checked online, as well as, asked around the forum cause all Hoenn Ho-oh's are lvl 73.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Not-honest enough that my ads stating I am trading a 5IV Pokemon with egg moves and HA often go unrequited.

If I were a panda, I would be sad.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    I find GTS a bit of a gamble sometimes, once i mentioned i wanted a shiny or put no nicknames in the message, they ether send me a normal pokemon or even a pokemon in another language or with a nickname. But at times you will get a pokemon you want though and i am gonna try on here to see what i can get. Also i recon you should be able to send a message before you start trading with the person, like if there is a certain pokemon your after and you message them like to tell them you got the pokemon your after, then it will be easier for them to accept and they will know what they are trading it for. Instead of taking a gamble.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Wow. My experience is way different. I'm not saying the GTS is reliable, but in my experience, the Pokemon I've received were exactly as advertised most of the time. Rotom, Scraggy, Fletchling, Pawniard, etc. are some of the Pokemon I've traded for that have been suitable bachelors and bachelorettes for my Ditto. Notice how all those Pokemon are breedable? I guess something is more likely to be legit if you can get it in an egg (so no Dittos and no legendary's). Also, just a little note, but most of those trades were from Japanese people.

I guess my golden rule is to always trade something I won't miss. I always think, "Am I gonna lose much if this is a scam?". So the GTS can be reliable if you're smart about trading.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    People say to use the trading thing here, I tried but no one EVER gets back to me! Ever! So sadly I need to relie on the terrible GTS.

I would say 5% of it is fair, those few people asking for a breedable in exchange for a breedable with "4-5 Ivs".
    I offer 5IV often and say "5IV for 5IV Please", this has worked once in about the 20 times I have done it.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    eh idk about 6th gen's gts...or 5th in that matter since i usually just create my pokemon but the GTS is something is only one half of a coin, as in there's really only a half good way of using it. Usually it's smarter to just put pokemon up and wait over night, instead of looking for a pokemon. I remember in soulsilver I'd hatch tons of level 1 scizors and throw them on the GTS. I got all kind of good, japanese goodness, as well as some good natures.

Back