• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How influential was the franchise on your life?

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
  • well when I was a kid I never really liked pokemon until my I got this deck of pokemon cards
    and it got me interested in the TCG so I got my mom to buy me a deck... after a few years I met a guy who said "you don't know anything about pokemon, you don't even have a game boy" so after that I try to get my parents to buy me one but I never got one.

Some time after that I got a DS and Platinum, and it helped me get several friends in high school

Cyprium

Maître de la Terre
    Years
  • Pokémon's always had a pretty huge influence on my life. I've watched the shows since they first started airing here, when I was maybe three and have been playing the games for as long as I could read. Not surprisingly, in order to teach me math, my mom bought me a Pokémon math workbook that worked like a charm.

I guess more than anything, Pokémon's really taught me to be myself. There's a lot of media out nowadays that says you have to be pretty to be happy or that you have to fit into the majority to lead a successful life. I mean, you've got stuff like teen magazines and shows about toddlers in beauty pageants. While there are a lot of gamers in Pokémon that say "a Pokémon has to be this to be powerful", one of the main points that the franchise emphasizes is that there is variety everywhere you look and it's not a bad thing. I guess Pokémon just kind of helped foster me through my childhood and put me where I am today on a social standpoint.

It's kind of cool to think that some silly story about a bunch of creatures with powers has had such an impact on my life.

SulfurDebacle

Half Genius!
    Years
  • Pokemon was the first game series I ever got heavily into.
    I started "investing" so uch time into it and all of the mechanics about it and it helped me get a better understanding of team work and, surprisingly enough, mathematics.

Volcoronawing649

New Recruit
    Years
  • This franchise is the most creative thing I have ever seen in my life, even the new ones are creative to me. I collected the cards, watched the show, and I started playing the games when i was 7. I would also pretend that pokemon were real, lol good times! I will always be a fan of this wonderful franchise and it will stick in my childhood memories forever!

(p.s. I played Pokemon White 3 times, and Oshawott is adorable <3

Volcarona FTW! Oh and Larvesta he is cool too...

Last edited:

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
  • I won't be the person I am today without Pokemon. It inspired me to become artistic, and to aspire to achieve great things. Those little creatures had so much heart and I am SO proud to be a part of the Pokemon fandom (:
    It was one of my first video game as well - I wouldn't be a gamer without it!! :D

Back